• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Board/Wax Question

adamti91

My Endeavor doesn't seem to have any sort of wax job on it, but I don't have time to bring it to Potter Brothers since I need it by Saturday for Belleayre's opening. I do have some Dakine Afterburner rub-on, what should I do. Would putting the Afterburner straight onto the base be pointless?

Hawkshot99

I put rub-on on with regular wax all the time in the spring. Days when it is real sticky I add it. I do notice a bit of a difference when I do it.

As a brand new board it should have a waxed base, as well as good edges.

adamti91

Thanks, just checking because the first.. half a run or so after I put on the Afterburner wax my board seems really slow as the extra gets "wiped off" by the snow, I wasn't sure if since there wasn't a base of good wax it would be slower whatever, I'll definitely add the Afterburner, especially if Belleayre opens their rail park (fingers crossed).

SKIQUATTRO

i;ve found that new boards have an aweful wax job...the factory uses cheap wax when pumping them out off the production line..i always give my new boards a once over with at least 2 hot wax coats....also check the bases for flatness as bases get warped (concaved) durning the manufacturing process....take a trubar and a backlight and run it over the base of the ski (tip to tail) if you see light between the base and the trubar, they need to be worked on