• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Percentage of registered used that have never posted

Joshua B

46% (432 of 944) of total AlpineZone registered users have never posted! What's up with that?

MtnMagic

If only 30 - 40 of the almost one thousand registered users here would post daily, we could have continuous chat that would increase the fun!

I'm in. No mean posts, none!

Btw: Anyone like to ski or hike?!

I do and will, always.

See you here soon!!!
Magic

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
They probably only register so that their read/unread marks stay up to date. They should say hello!
Good question, Josh and Michael does make a point. However, rarely do I see someone online that has never posted (unless they have recently registered). I would bet that many people register with an intent on posting but perhaps don't activate their account, for whatever reason...

2knees

Six years later and it's 309 out of 2809. Hmm, a declining active user base, but 89% trolls. Maybe..
Or looked at differently, each message you post is viewed by vastly more readers.

i think all these boards are dying. there is only so much to talk about and eventually, you get sick of reading the same people posting the same old stuff. hell, i'm sick of reading my own posts.

its people like tjf the tuff skins guy that keep me around though. he is super cool.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
i think all these boards are dying. there is only so much to talk about and eventually, you get sick of reading the same people posting the same old stuff. hell, i'm sick of reading my own posts.

its people like tjf the tuff skins guy that keep me around though. he is super cool.
That's an interesting and provacative remark, definitely worth discussing. I originally joined to get accurate and timely information on snow conditions. Before groups like this, my information was often 1, 2 or 4+ weeks old and resort reporting was dubious at best. While resorts have improved their reporting significantly, they still require decoding of omissions. AZ is by far the best information on conditions in the northeast -not perfect, not complete, but the best nonetheless.

What has also become important is the consolidation of deal/discount information, in a sport where prices are unaffordable for many.

In third place are recommendations - from equipment to resorts - getting opinions from independent, yet somewhat biased sources is very helpful when venturing into the unknown.

Everything else, frankly is secondary, falling into the category of banter. Still a great forum.

highpeaksdrifter

That's an interesting and provacative remark, definitely worth discussing. I originally joined to get accurate and timely information on snow conditions. Before groups like this, my information was often 1, 2 or 4+ weeks old and resort reporting was dubious at best. While resorts have improved their reporting significantly, they still require decoding of omissions. AZ is by far the best information on conditions in the northeast -not perfect, not complete, but the best nonetheless.

What has also become important is the consolidation of deal/discount information, in a sport where prices are unaffordable for many.

In third place are recommendations - from equipment to resorts - getting opinions from independent, yet somewhat biased sources is very helpful when venturing into the unknown.

Everything else, frankly is secondary, falling into the category of banter. Still a great forum.

Your top 3 have never been main reasons for me. It was the banter about skiing that brought me here. It was an outlet for me to talk to other like minded people about skiing.

I don't know if they're dying, but I do agree about reading the same stuff over and over again. For myself, I can't think of anything new to start a thread with.

wa-loaf

Six years later and it's 309 out of 2809. Hmm, a declining active user base, but 89% trolls. Maybe..
Or looked at differently, each message you post is viewed by vastly more readers.

When does a user become inactive? I think if you check in January you'll find more actives.

tjf67

That is so nice of you mentioning me twiggy, I'm flattered. Hey I see there is a recap of the 04 season going on over the next couple of weeks. Have fun with that.

2knees

That is so nice of you mentioning me twiggy, I'm flattered. Hey I see there is a recap of the 04 season going on over the next couple of weeks. Have fun with that.

lol, you're the king of the put down tough guy. nobody has a way with words like you!

thanks for keeping me laughing at you though. now go put your Yankees shirt on and paint your face. gotta support the team, right?