• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any comments on High Sierra Boot Bag?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Anyone use one of these? I want to use it with the backpack to lug everything into the lodge - boots, helmet, gloves, beer money etc. (I'm not using it for BC.) I'm tired of losing things - I use a bag now with a shoulder strap, it works fine, but keeps falling off my shoulder as I jostle skis, tickets, poles, around.

http://snowshack.com/detail/SNW+HS%2D01926

thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

Terry

I use the transpack trv and it is awesome. I can fit in all my stuff plus lunch in it and it makes getting to the lodge so much easier. Plenty of room in it.

Beetlenut

I bought one of these about two seasons ago. Best boot bag I've ever owned! Real good build quality, and you can haul a lot of weight due to the back-pack design. Really saved my sholders. Before that boot bag, the worst ski injury I had was from hauling my gear up to the lodge!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
tx

Thanks for the recc's. I am very hopeful the backpack idea works. I wish I had it when my little ones were learning and I have to carry everything, Hee-haw!

I went for the transpack TRV. I like the idea of sequestering the wet boots from my other gear, like gloves, tools, electronics, etc., even though I have a little drawstring bag for the miscellanea.

hammer

while this is all being discussed...anyone have opinions of the Transpack XT1 vs. the TRV? The TRV is definitely nicer but it's also $40 more than the XT1...is it really worth the jump in price?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
more, more, more...

while this is all being discussed...anyone have opinions of the Transpack XT1 vs. the TRV? The TRV is definitely nicer but it's also $40 more than the XT1...is it really worth the jump in price?

trv is bigger by a lot. I needed enough space to put EVERYTHING inside - tools, electronics, helmet, gogs, extra upper layer, wax, food, socks, etc. I used to fool around with carrying/hanging my boots outside, but I've had enough experiences with snow getting into the boots/helmet and ruining the day, that having it all protected is important to me. The second reason is that having everything in one pack minimizes the chances of this forgetful old man from leaving things behind or not packing completely.

It's not for BC, just for hauling into the lodge. I gear up in the lodge, if you don't you won't need the size.

If I had this when the kids were little, it would have been a big benefit when the kids, carrying their things to the car, drop their mitten in the snow, drop their ski, fall down, etc. Even with the kids having backpacks (they did) there were still a lot of things only Dad could carry - extra tissues, lotion, extra clothes for the little ones.

Geoff

I have one of those boot bags. I wear a size 12 street shoe. I highly recommend it as an airplane carry-on. It easily holds everything I need to ski the first day. I suppose it would be an adequate day lodge bag as well though it's not really set up very well to lock it.