• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anyone get to use their new gear yet?

Mildcat

Let me know what you think about the 8000's, towards the end of the season I'm thinking of buying some midfats. It seems like you can get some of those for a steal as leftovers.

Damn, I just looked at the daily gear deals and saw some for $280. I would have snagged those up real fast. See what happens when you sleep late.

wa-loaf

Skied on my new Nordica Hot Rod boots today. Best damn boots I've ever owned! Very light feel and super quick. It felt like I had new skis too. Extremely tough to get in and out of, particularly once cold. I have a few fit issues to take care of (both heels went numb, minor pressure points) when I get back to Jeff B. I also noticed a lot of moisture in the shell when I got home, so I hope that wont' be a problem. Maybe a little duct tape in front will help? Can't wait to ski some more with them:

scheda_hotrod_topfuel.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Been out two days on my new B2's. So far I love their versatility, really are go anywhere boards. Today their edge grip left something to be desired on the hard pack, but I didn't particularly expect them to be great in those kind of conditions. They are solid in the bumps, great in some of the crud I've gotten them into and are capable of all radius' of turns I've put them through. So far, I'm very happy with them.

Trekchick

Skied Sunday on Boyne Mt. I got to use my 08 Elan Wave spice. By noon I switched to the Nordica Olympia Firefox. If any of you guys or gals are looking for a women specific ski that will Riiiiiip! this is the ski!
Wow, the reviews I read that said it was Scary fast weren't kidding. Quick turn initiation, super fast, and grippy.

Oh, and I used my new leki Trigger grip poles too!

Now I need a chance to try the Blizzard SL's, EOS, and Bluehouse skis!
I love winter!!