• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Suggested convention for those who post trip reports-

Greg

Staff member
BTW 98 percent of my TRs are non-picture text only since I don't like to stop and take pictures and don't like the extra bulk of a camara in my jacket pocket..

98% of your TRs are not even skiing-related.

Rather, they include what song was playing on the radio on the drive to the mountain when one of your farts was timed perfectly with the beat, what brand of beef jerky you ate on the ride home, and what color your turds were that evening... :roll:

Grassi21

98% of your TRs are not even skiing-related.

Rather, they include what song was playing on the radio on the drive to the mountain when one of your farts was timed perfectly with the beat, what brand of beef jerky you ate on the ride home, and what color your turds were that evening... :roll:

You seem to remember many of the important details of his TRs. Be careful or you might be branded a GSS Groupie. ;-)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I propose that whenever anyone posts a trip report, in addition to the "location, date" format in the title of the thread, if the TR includes pictures or links to pictures, add "with pictures" or "pictures" in parantheses. If not, write nothing following the location/date. I only read text only trip reports if I plan on skiing the area in question soon after the TR was written. Most of the time I look to TR just for the ski pr0n, and I know I'm not alone, so I'd appreciate it if it were easier to know where the pics are and where they aren't.

Who's with me?

Agreed - hey mod: if we include place, location and date in the title, there is no need to repeat them in the body of the message, right? I'm getting lazy in my old age and have been dispensing with the duplicity...

Bumpsis

Pictures or no pictures, the trip reports are one of the main reasons I'm a member of this forum. The narratives are quite often the reality checks on how the conditions really are out there.
Pics are nice but what's more important to me are the snow and trail conditions.