• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mounting Bindings Question

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
UPDATE: Here are the pics to compare the Maries and Novas...

IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg

As I stated in this thread, it was so crazy I ended up not even bringing up the whole debate of where to have the bindings mounted. :oops: But it looks like they went about 1/2 cm forward from the midsole boot line +/-. Which I think puts it in the ballpark of where we were talking about, given my somewhat inaccurate estimations. ;)
IMG_2339.jpg

The only complaint I have about the experience is for some reason, they set my DIN low. It should have been around 5.25 and they set it close to 4. :eek: Not sure why. It's around 5 on my Novas, and I got the 5.25 from this site so I don't know what happened there. I didn't notice until I got home either.

Skis and bindings are very light. Brian was quite surprised by that. He told me I should just sell the Novas now as the Maries are a much better ski. But hey, a girl needs some variety, right? :D

Last edited:

Grassi21

About your DIN setting, I'm assuming they had you fill out that form with height, weight, and skier ability level. I'm sure they used this info along with the manufacturers recommendations when setting the DIN.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
About your DIN setting, I'm assuming they had you fill out that form with height, weight, and skier ability level. I'm sure they used this info along with the manufacturers recommendations when setting the DIN.
I know, I know. I did fill out the form. It's just that the same brand ski was set up totally differently for me (by a different company).

Grassi21

I know, I know. I did fill out the form. It's just that the same brand ski was set up totally differently for me (by a different company).

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm certainly no expert on DIN settings. Maybe it was the length, intend purpose, and style of the ski that factored in?

In any case, I hope you enjoy ripping your new boards. :beer:

PS - I'm a sucker for graphics. Those new boards sure do look good.

Greg

Staff member
UPDATE: Here are the pics to compare the Maries and Novas...

IMG_2335.jpg
IMG_2342.jpg

As I stated in this thread, it was so crazy I ended up not even bringing up the whole debate of where to have the bindings mounted. :oops: But it looks like they went about 1/2 cm forward from the midsole boot line +/-. Which I think puts it in the ballpark of where we were talking about, given my somewhat inaccurate estimations. ;)
IMG_2339.jpg

The only complaint I have about the experience is for some reason, they set my DIN low. It should have been around 5.25 and they set it close to 4. :eek: Not sure why. It's around 5 on my Novas, and I got the 5.25 from this site so I don't know what happened there. I didn't notice until I got home either.

Skis and bindings are very light. Brian was quite surprised by that. He told me I should just sell the Novas now as the Maries are a much better ski. But hey, a girl needs some variety, right? :D

What kind of nerd are you to post pic of your new skis like that?

;)

About the DINs, try them out and if you pre-release, just crank them a bit tighter. And about needing variety, keep that quiet around Brian.... ;)

cbcbd

They have a machine that torques the boot out of the binding and tests the release trying to approximate based on all the info you give them (weight, ability) and sets the DIN setting accordingly. I was skeptical at first but was really happy with how my new skis came out (although the DIN is around what I would pick).

My friend works there and is training to be a ski tech and goes on and on and on and on about their state-of-the-art equipment. It's all about the equipment :D

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
PS - I'm a sucker for graphics. Those new boards sure do look good.
You should see them close up! Every chick needs a set of boards with a hot angel on them, LOL! :lol: They are pretty cool though.

What kind of nerd are you to post pic of your new skis like that?

;)

About the DINs, try them out and if you pre-release, just crank them a bit tighter. And about needing variety, keep that quiet around Brian.... ;)
Nerd? Who you callin' a nerd? ;)

Shhhhh! Don't tell Brian!

They have a machine that torques the boot out of the binding and tests the release trying to approximate based on all the info you give them (weight, ability) and sets the DIN setting accordingly. I was skeptical at first but was really happy with how my new skis came out (although the DIN is around what I would pick).

My friend works there and is training to be a ski tech and goes on and on and on and on about their state-of-the-art equipment. It's all about the equipment :D
Good to know! Makes it worth the drive even more! :cool: