'Out For Delivery'

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

'Out For Delivery'

I love reading those three words when you track a package. My Dyna Legend 8000s with Rossi 120 Pro TIs are "out for delivery". Woohoo!

Anyone else have any cool stuff on the way?
    I ski double black diamonds.

It always seems to take forever to go from "out for delivery" to "delivered."

My only cool thing on the way were my skis that were delivered yesterday. Darn things sat on a truck in CT from Friday afternoon until yesterday around noon, too.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Anyone else have any cool stuff on the way?
    A pair of ski pants. But yesterday I got my skis and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Kind of

Amost brand new 'old' skis coming my way. 2001-2002 Volkl's that my father put about six hours on before having to have season ending foot surgery. He has since basically retired from the sport having retired to Florida.

I'm not sure what they are, only they're basically brand new and he used to always purchase top of the line Volkl race skis. After spending Saturday on the ice rink that was Sunday River, I asked what he had left in his quiver as though the B2's did all right, Volkl's have always been king in my eyes for edge grip on boiler plate.

So....either later this week or early next week they should arrive. Though they are not 'new' per se, I'm still pretty pumped to have another option in the quiver.

Whats the length Greg? What is the primary use - trees and whatnot? Are you doing the +1.5cm mounting?

"Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by koreshot View Post
    Whats the length Greg? What is the primary use - trees and whatnot? Are you doing the +1.5cm mounting?
    172 cm. It will be the primary non-bump or natural snow ski, but I expect them to behave in the bumps if need be. I had them standard mounted as I believe I read Dynastar already moved the mid-sole mounting point more forward on newer Legends. I think riverc0il mentioned that.

Didn't demo, but I've never read a bad review of a Legend 8000. Aside from the waist (79mm), the dimensions are the same as my current AC3s, and I'm expecting them to be lighter so I should be able to adapt pretty easily.

Was the mounting position moved forward already for last year's model? Thats the one I have, in a 178cm.

Quote Originally Posted by koreshot View Post
    Was the mounting position moved forward already for last year's model? Thats the one I have, in a 178cm.
    I think that more forward mount went back to the older Legends. Like around 2005. Hopefully, riverc0il will comment.

Yeah - mine are the orange 2007s. How do you like them?

Maybe I'm screwed up. I poked around Epic briefly and it seems they moved the mounting point back on recent models. Either way the general consensus seemed to be with go with the Dyna recommendation which is what I did....

Thread Information