• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'Out For Delivery'

Greg

Staff member
I love reading those three words when you track a package. My Dyna Legend 8000s with Rossi 120 Pro TIs are "out for delivery". Woohoo!

Anyone else have any cool stuff on the way?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
It always seems to take forever to go from "out for delivery" to "delivered." :D

My only cool thing on the way were my skis that were delivered yesterday. Darn things sat on a truck in CT from Friday afternoon until yesterday around noon, too.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Kind of

Amost brand new 'old' skis coming my way. 2001-2002 Volkl's that my father put about six hours on before having to have season ending foot surgery. He has since basically retired from the sport having retired to Florida.

I'm not sure what they are, only they're basically brand new and he used to always purchase top of the line Volkl race skis. After spending Saturday on the ice rink that was Sunday River, I asked what he had left in his quiver as though the B2's did all right, Volkl's have always been king in my eyes for edge grip on boiler plate.

So....either later this week or early next week they should arrive. Though they are not 'new' per se, I'm still pretty pumped to have another option in the quiver.

koreshot

Whats the length Greg? What is the primary use - trees and whatnot? Are you doing the +1.5cm mounting?

Greg

Staff member
Whats the length Greg? What is the primary use - trees and whatnot? Are you doing the +1.5cm mounting?

172 cm. It will be the primary non-bump or natural snow ski, but I expect them to behave in the bumps if need be. I had them standard mounted as I believe I read Dynastar already moved the mid-sole mounting point more forward on newer Legends. I think riverc0il mentioned that.

Didn't demo, but I've never read a bad review of a Legend 8000. Aside from the waist (79mm), the dimensions are the same as my current AC3s, and I'm expecting them to be lighter so I should be able to adapt pretty easily.

koreshot

Was the mounting position moved forward already for last year's model? Thats the one I have, in a 178cm.

Greg

Staff member
Was the mounting position moved forward already for last year's model? Thats the one I have, in a 178cm.

I think that more forward mount went back to the older Legends. Like around 2005. Hopefully, riverc0il will comment.

Yeah - mine are the orange 2007s. How do you like them?

Greg

Staff member
Maybe I'm screwed up. I poked around Epic briefly and it seems they moved the mounting point back on recent models. Either way the general consensus seemed to be with go with the Dyna recommendation which is what I did....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Maybe I'm screwed up. I poked around Epic briefly and it seems they moved the mounting point back on recent models. Either way the general consensus seemed to be with go with the Dyna recommendation which is what I did....
From what I've read recently (in my search for info on where to mount bindings) Dynastar is one of the few companies that has a more forward-placed recommended mid-sole markings for bindings (does that make sense? or is that gobbledy-gook?). Then again, I don't know how reliable the sources are where I found that, but it's been comforting in the decision I've been facing with my new skis.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nothing in transit at the moment, though so far this year I've bought new skis (1 pair so far, possibly another one on the way), new day pack, crampons, ice ax and climbing/mountaineering harness.

koreshot

I think that more forward mount went back to the older Legends. Like around 2005. Hopefully, riverc0il will comment.

Yeah - mine are the orange 2007s. How do you like them?

These are the ones I have, mounted on the line, which it seems is 1.5cm back from where it used to be.

DSCN1104.JPG

I can't comment on them, cause I haven't skied them yet. I picked them up real cheap in a ski shop that was going out of business.

Greg

Staff member
These are the ones I have, mounted on the line, which it seems is 1.5cm back from where it used to be.

DSCN1104.JPG

I can't comment on them, cause I haven't skied them yet. I picked them up real cheap in a ski shop that was going out of business.

Geez. Interesting that your skinniest skis are waisted at 79mm. No wonder your eyes almost fell out of your head when you saw my Cabrawlers...

prisnah

I got some 176cm armada ar6's on the way. I'll also be ordering either some rossi fks 155's or p12 jibs to put on em today, can't decide which yet.