• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'Out For Delivery'

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hit a bunch of ski stores in the MWV searching for pants over the weekend. Didn't find anything I liked. So I come back home today, sit on the couch, and buy a pair of FlyLow Gear Stash pants on Backcountry.com with every single feature I wanted and the right color. So..I'll be walking around my place on Saturday in full ski gear looking at myself in the mirror like a weirdo.

love my FlyLow jacket. I looked at the Stash pants, but opted for a pair of North Face's. I've already weirded out walked around in my ski clothes a couple of times.

wa-loaf

Got a set of Griffons for them. Shop already drilled the holes for me.

Edd

Hit a bunch of ski stores in the MWV searching for pants over the weekend. Didn't find anything I liked. So I come back home today, sit on the couch, and buy a pair of FlyLow Gear Stash pants on Backcountry.com with every single feature I wanted and the right color.

And the search continues. They arrived with no webbing on the vents. I spent 15 minutes chatting with a gear expert about only this issue because it was not specified in the description. They could not tell me for sure. Back to the stores.

CoolMike

2013 Burton Cartel bindings 'out for delivery' to go with my 'new' 2012 Atomic Alibi snowboard. 140$ for the bindings seemed like a good deal to me. I got the snowboard for 160, so the whole setup was only $300.

The Alibi has lots of nice features for super cheap - sintered base, rocker-camber-rocker shape, decent stiffness for all-mountain riding and enough rocker for some turns in the glades. I'm hoping it works out OK for my Utah trip this year - it certainly will be better then my current ride: 2010 Burton Mayhem with Cheapo 2011 Burton Custom bindings.

Now that I've started shopping I'm looking at a third board as well - but I think I will hold off until next year. This season I hope to get better at hitting jumps, riding switch, riding through the trees, and dominating the steep terrain. By next season I hope to graduate to a powder snowboard and a boiler-plate/crusty groomer snowboard.

BackLoafRiver

Pulled the trigger on some Flylow Chemical Pants. Should be here in a couple of days. Still trying to find a Higgins Jacket somewhere for cheaps.

Cheese

I don't think you have enough Rossi's!

You're right, there IS room for the missing pair of Experience 88s.

When I destroyed my Volkl Supersports I became Rossi brand loyal. They were very similar to the Z10s except just couldn't carve the tightest of arcs or survive repeated zipper line bump runs. Although I might miss some minor benefits of other manufacturers it's easier to avoid having two of the same use skis when I'm comparing skis across a single brand name.

I'm going to give the 9SL a try later in the race season when Wawa tightens up the gates. I felt rather alone on that race stock GS ski in the later weeks and it seemed like they were setting one gate just outside enough to warrant a smaller radius ski.

Will I see you at the kick-off party in couple weeks?

Cheese

I'll be there. And I picked up my first pair of Rossi's (Soul7) recently.

I saw that earlier in this thread, congrats! I look forward to a demo ride on that and the redesigned Super 7 this year. I like my S7 but didn't like the feel of the Super 7 due to the extra sheet of titanal they stiffened it with. It seems they've removed it for 2013 so it's got my attention.

Last edited:

JDMRoma

I saw that earlier in this tread, congrats! I look forward to a demo ride on that and the redesigned Super 7 this year. I like my S7 but didn't like the feel of the Super 7 due to the extra sheet of titanal they stiffened it with. It seems they've removed it for 2013 so it's got my attention.
I will be demoing them out at Steamboat at Christmas, as well as a few others…..Dynastar Cham 107 HMs and any other skis I can get my hands on while Im there !

wa-loaf

Picked up a pair of new 13' Fischer Watea 84's for $225. Filling that mid 80's ski that's missing from the quiver. Out for delivery tomorrow.

Euler

Picked up a pair of new 13' Fischer Watea 84's for $225. Filling that mid 80's ski that's missing from the quiver. Out for delivery tomorrow.

Took me a minute to figure out you meant 2013 as in model year...

I was scratching my head wondering why they made 13 foot long Wateas and what you were going to do with them!

thetrailboss

Staff member
En route now:

31361150-1bdb-4fdc-8c4d-022d8e8d7aec