• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Chaco Sandals and Good Times- let me know

A

Anonymous

I must say that I love my new z2 sandals from Chaco.

Anyone have good stories of their chacos?

Know what the warranty is on them?

buy some cheap, size 12s here:

[Edited by Greg - Link Removed]

Greg

Staff member
I have to draw the line somewhere. I typically take a hands-off approach to moderating these forums, but links to eBay auctions is too much, even for me. Sorry. Feel free to discuss Chaco sandals though.

pedxing

Good Call Greg

The commercial interest was just a little too blatant.

I am curious about lightweight sandals suitable for camp and fording creeks while backpacking.

A

Anonymous

Sandals

I work part-time @ EMS in NH. I have owned Tevas in the past but found them to be heavy for taking along on a hike. They also take quite awhile to dry due to the thickness of the nylon straping. I dont care for velcro on my sandals either. So, this year I tried on most of the sandals we carry and found the Northface River Rat to be the most comfortable, lightest, fast drying and easy to get in and out of. In the end though it comes down to personal preference.

pedxing

Thanks for the idea Ozman, I'll look into 'em. I'm pretty happy with my Tevas, as I like substantial sandals that get a good hold on me and of wet rocks (for fording difficult streams, getting around once in camp, or even backpacking very short distances when I'm dying to get out of my boots... etc.) but I figure there must be some lighter alternatives that will do the trick.