• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Who Does Not Have New Gear (Yet) This Season Thread

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
To hell with everyone else reporting in with new gear. Let's hear some commiseration from the rest of us without new gear this season. I bought new gloves because my other gloves were rancid, but I don't count that as gear. I pulled the trigger on a pair of Scarpa Spirit 3's for like $220 :-o but it turns out I don't have Scarpa feet and I sent them back (shell fit was right but no amount of boot work would have made those puppies fit). So I was out $5 for S&H, not a bad gamble. Still looking out for powder boards and I have a short list of about five potential skis I want to demo, so maybe new gear for next season. Currently, with exception of new gloves, same setup as last year. And I am okay with that. But I would really love a new powder board and stiffer but still pretty light AT boots.

Let's hear it for no new gear!

C2H5OH

Well, I was all pumped to get myself last season's Nordica Top Fuels for about $500, but they have disappeared come October, and now only this year's available for $900 - what I'm not going to pay
So I'll be on my Scream Pilots, which weigh about 20lb each.:oops:

Sky

I'm still cruisin my three year old Volkls...and last year's score on the previos year's Dynastar Contact 11's.

Boots are on year three as well.

I'm with RC...looking for new gloves but they don't count.

Happy with my gear as is!

thebigo

No new gear? How about no new gear in years:

Skis: Starting their third year, they will eclipse 100 days before the new year and are littered with core shots, these skis have abused 'golf and ski's $25 preformance tune countless times
Jacket: Purchased from the North Face outlet sometime in the late nineties, still in great shape
Boots: Christmas gift either 98 or 99. Atleast a couple hundred days, still in good shape.
Poles: Purchased last april after they went missing at kmart
Hat: Knitted by my grandmother when my father was a kid, circa 1960, repaired mulitple times since but still going strong
Gloves: The Old Lady determined they had too much duck tape and replaced them behind my back last summer, I still havent forgiven her
Ski pants: about five years old, only a few repairs

Disclaimer: I almost pulled the trigger on a new pair of skis last weekend, if they are still there this weekend ill be forced to edit this post

WoodCore

To hell with everyone else reporting in with new gear......and stiffer but still pretty light AT boots.

RC, have you checked out the new Tecnica Agent AT boots? Skied in pair last weekend on a regular alpine setup (165cm SL's) and was impressed with the performance. They might be a tough one to find this year as it's a brand new product but definitely one to keep on the radar for next season.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
RC, have you checked out the new Tecnica Agent AT boots? Skied in pair last weekend on a regular alpine setup (165cm SL's) and was impressed with the performance. They might be a tough one to find this year as it's a brand new product but definitely one to keep on the radar for next season.
Looks more like a "beefy" AT boot, not really what I am looking for. I am searching for the holy grain which is ultra light and tours good (such as my G-Ride) but stiff enough so downhill doesn't completely suck. New Dynafit Zzero's look sick. Saving up....

WoooHoooo

As the quiver expands

Just P/U a 2008 163 Burton Supermodel Fish along with a demo 2006 Burton 164 Triumph and a set of Cartel bindings. Wooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good here in NE.
Just a quick note we all need to spend money to keep the economy going. Not a litttle but alot. Everyone have a great weekend,guranteed beer sales will be up in VT this weekend.:spin:

Greg

Staff member
This thread was inspired while drinking a beer. That said, pad your post counts much?

Looks more like a "beefy" AT boot, not really what I am looking for. I am searching for the holy grain which is ultra light and tours good (such as my G-Ride) but stiff enough so downhill doesn't completely suck. New Dynafit Zzero's look sick. Saving up....

You're in the club and you also don't have any new gear this year. :spin:

Ever hear of multi-quote (
multiquote_off.gif
)?

That said, pad your post counts much? ;)

Same boots, but all new skis for me this season. Neener neener neener... :razz:

Greg

Staff member
New jacket.

Barely used my boots before injury last year, so they're almost kinda new...

I'm psyched you'll be heading back out this season. Best of luck.

Pretty excited. I just picked up a pair of rossi scratch's want to go back to alpine this season after a 12yr alpine hiatus! Also was given a pair of Line Chronic Blends.....I am not a jibber but nice to add to the quiver! I still think I will be skiing more freeheel days though!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Just P/U a 2008 163 Burton Supermodel Fish along with a demo 2006 Burton 164 Triumph and a set of Cartel bindings. Wooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good here in NE.
Just a quick note we all need to spend money to keep the economy going. Not a litttle but alot. Everyone have a great weekend,guranteed beer sales will be up in VT this weekend.:spin:
Disqualification. Additionally, the economy can do what ever it wants to, no one "needs" to spend money on anything... that is what got us in the whole mess to begin with.... everyone spending money on stuff they couldn't afford..... including houses.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ever hear of multi-quote (
multiquote_off.gif
)?

That said, pad your post counts much? ;)

Same boots, but all new skis for me this season. Neener neener neener... :razz:
Yes, I have heard of the multi-quote and occasionally use it. Generally though, I don't read through the entire thread and just hit the quote button as I come across stuff that I would like to directly respond to. Padding post counts? Padding would imply intention and posting for the explicit reason of paddings counts. I merely use the most convenient and easiest way to post responses.

That said.... the season isn't over yet and before all is said and done I could be seeing your skis and raising a pair of boots ;)