• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot Fitter

BeeBee143

Can you all help me find the BEST BOOT FITTER in the southern Vermont (Killington, Okemo, Stratton, Mt Snow) area ??? I have some special fitting problems, and my current boots gotta' go.

Backround: I live in the middle of the above mentioned area and have been skiing, (mostly recreationally) for 57 years.

RISkier

I've had the Green Mountain Orthotic Lab at Stratton recommended to me highly. I've not used them but I'm trying to figure out a time when I can get up there. They have a web site, don't know the url. I'm sure there are other good ones around the area.

BeeBee143

RISkier, Charlie and Greg - Thanks alot folks !! GREAT information ! I'll probably head over to Stratton to see Green Mtn Orthotic Lab in the next week or so.

Greg - I see you're in Watertown... Middlebury is my home town..... just thought I'd bring that up ! We used to ski Mohawk and other CT areas when I was a kid.

Charlie - I've been to Skinners...but it was a LOOOONG time ago. And I've got family in Sunapee so no excuse. Thanks for the tip. If I'm not happy with what I find here, I'll buzz over there. It's only an hour from here. I'm one lucky guy to live in Eastern skiers heaven. 1 hr. to Sunapee, 1, 1/4 hrs. to Killington, 35 min. to Okemo, 45 min. to Stratton, etc. and I live in the middle of a nordic ski area!!

Dirk109

Bee Bee, Stay away from Green Mtn. Head down to The Startingate. Greg used to work for Gary at the Gate. It is a much better shop.

BeeBee143

Thanks everyone !!! You've been a big help !! I went to Green Mt. Orthotics Lab today and took the plunge. Got the only ski boots my feet have ever smiled in !! Thanks again !

B

beswift

Alternative to Mountain side bootfitting.

There's a good boot fitter in Hyannis, Ma. now. He owns the new shop, WindSnowH20, which is located where the old Windsurf shop was. He has over twenty years boot-fitting experience. Greg is his name and he has a website as WindSnowH20