• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

HUNTER Mountain 12/1/07

spresso81

Date - 12/1/07

Location - Hunter Mtn. NY

Conditions - Packed powder and some fresh machine made snow

Temps - 20s

Well this was my first trip to slops for the 07-08 season. It was great to see Hunter is such great shape. I mean they were in better shape then they were in mid-Jan last season.

Hunter was blowing snow all over the place. The place was empty (for Hunter on a weekend)

Started off the season on Madison. Felt like I never stoped sking last April. Took one more run here then I took the quad and hiked up to Kenedy. I was happy it did not bump up being that it was my first day. Both of these runs had some nice powder. Then at about 12 I went up to do the Belt Parkway. Freshly made snow made the run great.

Went back for another run or two then I went up the D lift and did Broadway to Ken. Drive. I was feeling great so I went up and did Hellgate for the first time ever. I really liked the run even thogh most of the snow was skied off by 2 P.M. I wished I had done it earlier.

All in all - Hunter is in great shape!!