• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe 12/3/07

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Got up at 7:00. 4 inches down on the deck and snowing good. Up to the hill with the crew, Hardy and Kilo, skinned up Gondolier. Snowing hard, with 6 at the lot. An hour later we were in the Shack tuning up and chin clip was allready skiied by 5 people. We skiied Upper and Lower Waterfall and they were full on. 12-20 wind deposited firm pow with good density gradient, and it was puking fluff all over it. Skinned back up from the top of Gondoilier and skied another line on the same pitch. Tight spruce corridor into a small slide path. 24 inches in the trees. Then we skiied Chin Clip part way and skinned out to an open area we sometimes ski. We lapped that area twice, the second time down to the road and it was SO FREAKING AWSOME to ski in the woods. 12-18 inches, and good cover top to bottom. The whole line skiied well and there is a bomber 12 inch base that has really locked the boney shit in. By now it was 11:30 and it was nuking snow. We cruised back up Gondolier and as soon as we got above the lowest rim rock traverse, it was blow in completely flat again, with one or two tracks on it that were quickly disappearing. I skied waterfall to Gondolier and Hardy and Kilo skied another wooded run to gondolier, which was really great, powerful powder that you could lay into HARD, covered in 4-6 inches of fluff. Today was great. It's about time it came early for a change. I took a bunch of pics on the new camera, but they are all freaking huge and I need to figure out how to resize them. Tomorrow should be a great ski day as well because it is still snowing.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Tech support thread hijack....the pics might just be too big. 172mb, they need to be 19. Any way to make them smaller in that way?

bvibert

Staff member
Tech support thread hijack....the pics might just be too big. 172mb, they need to be 19. Any way to make them smaller in that way?

Nice report, here is your free tool for resizing pictures:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Download and use the software I linked to. Use the Resize command. I like to go with 800x600 which should bring most pics down to below 200kb.

Yes, what Steve said. Irfanview is good stuff for a free program. I'm anxious to see the pics as I sit here at my desk living vicariously through others and kicking myself for not calling in sick today...

JoshG

Sweet day...indeed it was nice to be in the woods. Seems like everyone in the north country should be getting some great turns in the days to come.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Pics maybe...Light was real flat, but here's some fun, classic VT Maple Sugar.

Last edited: