• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee 12/03/07

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Not a bad way to start the season! The kids had school cancelled so we hit the mountain. We got there at noon. We got four of us the mountain for $100-early season rates. We never waited in a lift line either.

They had gotten about 6" of fresh and it snowed through the afternoon. Most of Sun Bowl was open. Relatively few trails are open on the main face and the beginner area is not at all open.

They've put down a pretty good base and we had a great afternoon hitting the piles of nice fluffy snow. As we took the last chair up, they were getting to work setting up the snowmaking gear. They seem committed to a good season.

Not much else to say. Got a few mediocre pix to share (click for larger image):

Angus

were there any seeded bumps on the mountain - usually a trail on the sun bowl side. thanks

Puck it

Liftline is the run with the bumps in the Sun Bowl. It is not open yet. I was there yesterday as well. Wingding was great in the monring and it held up fairly well through the day. The Blast Off was geting a little scraped off by the end of the day in certain spots. I was up there with the new fatty's. The Icelantic Nomads rock. I will put a report up on these soon on another thread.