• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Monday Nov 22

tirolerpeter

Went up from Suffolk County NY on Sunday evening. Made a record run due to lack of traffic and/or construction. $54 for two of us at the Mountainsports Inn near the bottom of the access road. After I picked up my new Bronze Pass the K1 gondola took us up to the top, and then we fought the guns on Great Northern to get over to Rime. Rime was excellent and right next to it is a new little terrain park that also had good coverage. After we did a bunch of runs on Rime we went back to KBL (I know..it has a new name) and then walked over to the Superstar Lift and then went through a white hell trying to ski back down. They ran the guns all day despite the 40+ degree temps. Amazing! The problem was that the snow was so sticky in that area that we could have skied UP the mountain backwards without slipping. We bailed on that and went back to Rime for another hour or so. At least it was a great first day warmup. I bought myself a Skier's Edge machine at the Ski Expo three weeks ago and have been hammering it since. I couldn't believe the difference it made in my stamina. I didn't develop a burn in my legs until just before we quit. I literally never felt a burn in my quads all day. I'm going to keep on it for the next two weeks until we fly out to SLC on Dec 6th. I am so psyched!