• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mrg 12/4/07

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Heard it was snowing hard there at 8:30 last night so we headed down. Skinning by 9:30 with a group of about 8. 3 of us and a bunch of other folks. Great vibe, lots of dogs. The Employees are happy to see you there and I actually heard a conversation about not putting the ropes up until after all us hikers got to ski whatever we wanted. Beauty. And we did. The place got gutted in short order. Had to be 12 tracks down lift line when we passed it at 10. Early bird gets the turn down'the valley I guess. Proceeded to ski Paradise, cut rightish into fall line woods area. Could not believe the snow depth in the trees. 24-30. We did a quick yoyo back to Startks nest and by now they had the fire going and the heaters on so we chilled, tuned up and dried out. Next we started down fall line and there were so many uninterupted turns down the left edge I stayed on it for a few moments after my bros dipped in on the left. AMAZING snow quality. B L O W E R pow. Then after a hard left hander I poked in on the left and into a corridor of untracked goodness. The next 20 turns were as good as any I have ever had. Overhead. We were tunneling thru the woods leaving trenches, not tracks. Then we hit lower glade which was pretty skied, we noodled some fresh on the edges skinned back up or one last top to bottom. Mind blown from that run really, fully tripping on the climb in the land of disbelief. Glanced up Catamount as we skinned by and the right and left edges, like 40 feet out from the trees was filling back in/untouched. So we ripped that and I actually stopped to get a couple pics of Hardy skiing by me. Billowy . The magic Blanket. Then we cruised over to Lower Anti...right where lower starts we spotted a track going into the soft woods. We followed it and it payed off with a sweet line 3 wide, fall line Thru the mixed soft wood and Birch. Someone's bummed, but nice freaking line anyways. Great conditions right to the bottom of the hill. We are so set for a good December, now just keep that precip coming...

Last edited:

reefer

Wow. Thanks for the pics. This may have to be a road trip Thursday...................................Looks like April 5th last year!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Trenches not tracks, I love it. The second pic shows it well. Someone's bummed :lol: yea, that entrance doesn't take much to chew up, that's for sure. Nice report.

snoseek

Colorado called and said they want their snow back. way to get it!