• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington 12/4/2007

danny p

Date(s) Skied: 12/4/2007

Resort or Ski Area: Killington

Conditions: POW

Trip Report: Great day at the big K. Snow started just as I crossed the vermont border, and did not stop until I crossed back over to NY. I only took two runs off the K1 gondola and 2 runs off the North Ridge Triple before venturing over to Snowdon area, which seemed to have the most snow. Highlights included royal flush, vagabond, north star, highline, patsy's and some other unnamed glade trails. For the most part the powder was knee deep, but when riding down into the gullies that collect more snow it was more like waist deep (not quite waist, but only a couple inches lower). I could go on and on about how good it was, but I'm sure you get the idea. A couple pics below, first one is vagabond, which until about 10:30 was only accessible through the woods, which made the pow last over there forever. The other pics are of a more hidden stash, which to my knowledge is unnamed (no tracks from yesterday and when I left at 2:30, only my tracks in there, so at least its a secret to the midweek crowd).

DSC00955.JPG

DSC00957.JPG

DSC00961.JPG

DSC00960.JPG

Royal flush (lower part, black diamond) was great for the first couple runs, pure powder with abundant face shots, ditto for the first couple northstar runs and all of the vagabond/patsy/glade runs. Highline held snow for the whole day, and was especially deep and fun next to the old halfpipe under the K1. Really good day!! All very good people on the mountain, all professionals and all in very good spirits!!!

powhunter

Nice pics....cant remember when patsys opened this early...I wa sup sun-mon wish i could have stayed another day!!!!!

steve

Greg

Staff member
We (JimG. and I) were there too. Stuck mostly to Northstar. Missed Vagabond unfortunately which looks awesome!

danny p

We (JimG. and I) were there too. Stuck mostly to Northstar. Missed Vagabond unfortunately which looks awesome!

damn, next time give a holler, would have been fun to meet up with you guys. Vagabond and Northstar are 2 of my favs at K.

Last edited: