• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fischer RX8 or RX9?

Skinner

First off, in my limited time lurking on these forums, I have learned a great deal from you folks. You all are a great source of info and it is much appreciated.

I think I have decided to go with the Fischer RX8 or RX9 but not sure which would be better for me.

I consider myself an upper intermediate skier - meaning I ski pretty much anything but moguls. Unless on the steep blacks, I prefer to go fast with big sweeping turns. On the steep blacks is when I do the short turns at slower speeds. FYI - most of my skiing is in eastern PA (read: hardpack and ice) with the occasional trip to VT and I am 5'8" 165lbs.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

campgottagopee

I've skied both of those skis and liked them a lot. Being you like sweeping turns I would go with the RX9. Think you find the 8's w/ a R-14 a little to turny/snappy. The 9's have a R17 which is better suited for the types of turns you like the most, but still you should be able to make quick turns with them without too much trouble.....have fun

roark

If you have the opportunity, demo. Just had to say it before anyone else.

JimG.

Staff member
If you like large radius sweeping turns you will prefer the RX9.

I prefer the RX8 because I prefer short snappy turns.

I didn't care for the RX9.