• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke, VT: 12/08/07

skimore

Why did they have The Jungle and Birches closed? Had same coverage as the other tree runs. It worked in our favor, but just wondering why.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nice! I like this part
Water-resistant: If you can handle the rain or snow, so will this camcorder. Bring this water-resistant model to places you never dared take a camcorder—like by a pool or outside a ski lodge. You can even keep shooting when your hand is wet.

I saw this at BJ's the other day and it's almost making me wish I didn't spend the bucks on my good digital SLR:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=191631

Greg

Staff member
Yup, water and shock-resistant, SD card (i.e. easy/quick transfer to PC), and super small/lightweight are all very enticing.

kingdom-tele

skimore-

while it was good for few to run through the jungle, once you get more than one wave of people into it it gets to boney for most to be safe

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Why did they have The Jungle and Birches closed? Had same coverage as the other tree runs. It worked in our favor, but just wondering why.

I agree with what Kingdom-Tele said. There are a lot of hidden/not-so-hidden rock and obstacles over there. If it was open it would be scraped very quickly. I'm glad they are holding onto it for later.

skimore

skimore-

while it was good for few to run through the jungle, once you get more than one wave of people into it it gets to boney for most to be safe

From what I witnessed of the place, even if it was open there would only have been a few. In the other trees that were open we never bumped into anyone all day.Is that typical

kingdom-tele

birches maybe not quite so bad, the jungle is full of land mines though, it already has better base than feb. of last year so another foot and it should be good to go, go back later in the winter and you'll be amazed how much still makes its way to the surface

and yes- it is always like that

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Glades on the East side did better than the West side was our general observation. Birches and Jungle are the steepest, tightest, and boniest glades at Burke on the map. Not enough coverage to open those considering I was hitting all sorts of crap in a less steep and more open glade such as Throbulator.