• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 12/8-12/9 2007

WWF-VT

Date(s) Skied: December 8th & 9th, 2007

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarbush

Conditions: Packed powder, powder, machine groomed, "thin cover"

Weather mid mountain temps in the 20's, snow showers, peaks of sun

Is it really only the first week in December ? Lincoln Peak at Sugarbush is 100% open with variable conditions depending on whether you are on natural snow or natural/machine made trails. Mostly packed powder prime skiing conditions. Overall the mountain is in great shape with solid base depths. A few trails were a bit thin looking for me - i.e. Steins, but others enjoyed them. To the credit of Sugarbush they will open natural snow trails that other mountains would groom to death before opening. Did not get to on the mountain until after lunch on Saturday so we missed out on early tracks on the North Lynx triple. Saturday was warmer and the snow softer. Got down to the single digits on Saturday night and Sunday conditions were firmer.

Trail highlights for me included Ripcord and Organ Grinder - two trails that are parallel and offer completely different skiing challenges. For cruisers Snowball and Spring Fling were fast and fun on Sunday. I did not venture over to Castle Rock - chair closed on Sunday due to since resolved mechanical issues. As others have observed it's still early for the woods. Looking foreward to cold temps and more snow in the forecast.