• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain 12/10..

I had a really fun session today. I got out of work at 3:10PM and had a really slow drive to Blue due to mad school busses on the ris-ode. I arrived around 3:50PM and there were hardly any cars in the parking lot. I parked a scant 35 steps away from the automatic doors of the upper lodge. The temperature was 37 degrees and it was overcast. Midway and lower Main Street were pretty choppy mad apple-sauce snow..soft on top..and firm below..really fun easy to carve snow. Upper Main Street on the left was nice and there were still some cord marks and Barneys bumps is starting to develop some nice bump lines and the soft snow makes everybody feel like a hero. I ran the bumps three times and didn't miss a turn..really nice..about 20 turns at the top..then some flat wide spaced bumps..then a nice line of 15 or so bumps at the bottom of Barneys.

I skied with Atomic Jeff most of my session. We were also joined by Justin who rocks the shortest poles in the universe. They're like 40 inches long at most. Just for shitz and giggles we switched poles for a run and I felt like a mime when I made pole plants because the poles were too short. We saw homeboy Stevo, former snowboard insrructor and one of park crues finest from the lift and met him at the bottom of the Main Street chair and did some runs with him. I showed off my 180 jump turn steeze on a mound of snow at the entrance to the Come Around park and he did a mad steezy cartwheel..lol. The last time I saw Stevo was when I rapped on the microphone about giving up fat bitches for lent before a crowd of a few hundred at pond skimming..good times. I also busted a mad crispy freestyle rap for Stevo on the lift at his request.

The snow was so nice..easy to carve with even dull edges. Blue hardly lost any snow since temperatures remained in the 30s. They could have the six pack running but they're holding off until the weekend when they also open snow-tuning. There are gigantic whales on homestretch, falls, and Challenge. One lift ride there were 2 boarders poaching chute and I made whistle sounds from the lift..and yelled..ski patroller get them..and 5 chairs behind me were two red-coats who called the guys idiots...lol. I only stuck around for 2.5 hours and did 13 runs in total. On my last lift ride..alot of the people riding the chair were making bird noises..lol..I left mainly because I was tired. I have to get back into going skiing everyday after work. After skiing I went straight to the local watering hole and drank a few wheat beers and Guinness and had some wings. I'll be at Blue for another fabulous sesson tomorrow after work. It was a fun night and so freaking empty...Holla