• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon - 12/11/07

skibum9995

Date Skied: 12/11/07

Ski Area: Cannon

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report:
The conditions are continuing to be amazing for this time of year. All trails were packed powder with no hardpack to be found, except for isolated high traffic areas late in the day. Open terrain included Middle/Lower Cannon and Links > Spookie > Gremlin for the Peabody Quad and Rocket and Garys off Zoomer. I spent my day alternating back and forth between the two lifts. Garys was the run of the day with really sweet snow, too bad it's so short. Snowmaking was going in full force on the upper mountain. Guns were blasting on Profile and Tramway throughout the day. Top should be open tomorrow or Thursday at the latest, in addition to Middle/Lower Ravine giving another option from the Peabody. Heres a few pics:

Looking up Rocket to the top of Zoomer lift
100_0300.jpg

Across the street to Laffy
100_0301.jpg

Snowmaking on the upper mountain
100_0302.jpg

Snowmaking at the base of the Cannonball Quad
100_0303.jpg

Looking down Middle Ravine
100_0304.jpg

The mountain from the lodge
100_0305.jpg

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I can't believe they still don't have Middle Ravine open yet. It is one of their best cruisers that usually retains nice conditions.

It skied real fine last week, not as a cruiser but as a very serious knee-deep pow run. There were curiously quite a few fairly large moveable rocks that my skis chose to meet. Skis are now out of p-tex E-R, ready for their next "adventure":blink:
. :spread:

Last edited:

skibum9995

I can't believe they still don't have Middle Ravine open yet. It is one of their best cruisers that usually retains nice conditions.
They have been even slower than usual expanding terrain this year. Cannonball opened today with Upper Cannon and Profile.