• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett: 12/11/07 (PM)

WJenness

Date(s) Skied: 12/11/07 (7:00 PM - 9:15PM)

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett Mountain

Conditions: Machine Groomed / Loose Granular

Trip Report: The weather sucked (Sleet / Freezing Rain / Rain all over and then Fog on the top 1/3 of the mountain), but the snow was great. A couple firm spots here and there (mainly the corduroy that went untouched after the afternoon grooming). But overall, the easiest surface I've skied on so far this winter.

I spent the night lapping 10th and Smith, with 1 run down Conifer. All three were in similarly good shape, the runout was getting pretty scraped up towards the end of the night, but overall, a good night.

I ran into awf170 just after he had parted ways with Marc (who apparently hurt his arm whilst trying to do a back scratcher), and we skied for a while together. It was an interesting time, as I was doing it with one pole. The run before I ran into him, I dropped one off of the lift and it landed just in front of the pond, at the end of the night, one of the lifties grabbed it for me, and I made one more run with two poles.

Other notes: they seemed to have a fair amount of cover on the Minuteman side of things, hopefully they'll get the splice worked out and have that side open this weekend. The snow fall Thursday night and the forecasted temps after that should be a big help for that.

Overall, a good night and I'm glad I made it out.

-w

artooman

thanks for the report! i was thinking about hitting wawa tonight, and this pretty much decided it for me!