• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

stratton VT 12/12/07 with pictures

MrMagic

12/12/07

Stratton VT

Ice, hardpack, windblown, loose gran, frozen gran., just about everything

Mostly sunny, very windy 25+

This was my second trip to Stratton this year ( free tickets) before this year I hadn’t been to startton is 7 years. I couldn’t belive the difference between when we left CT and when we arrived at Stratton, it was quite cold, and very windy. The gondi was closed sue to the wind, and only the American express and the summit 6 person were running. The mtn was stripped of most of the snow and ice and hard pack were the primary conditions today. We took a few warm up runs down polar bear, black bear, grizzly bear, then went looking for some harder and more snow covered terrain, we gave upper Salome glade a shot, only to find that lower Salome glade was closed ( were the bumps were) we some how got detour and ended up on the trail, big bumps but plenty of powder.

The rest of the day we skied diamonds in the rough ( glade ) and cabin fever ( glade0 as there was some good snow in the trees, skied right till 3:40 p

winter_07-08_161.jpg

d. in the rough glade ( needs more snow)

winter_07-08_158.jpg

big bromley from top

winter_07-08_159.jpg