• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

killington 12/15-17/07

skiadikt

great 3-day weekend at the k-mart ...

saturday cold but very comfortable w/ no wind. the veritible calm before the storm. opened it up on the front 4 (skye lark, bittersweet, supe & ovation). the first three were groomed perfection while o had some ice but excellent pow on the treeline. spent the rest of the morning at needles where the quad was running. did every possible combination. lower vertigo opened for the first time this season was a powdery dream. headwall an icey nightmare. old upper needles liftline was also excellent as was the rest of the run with lower needles under the guns. cruise good but inconsistent under the guns. afternoon spent in the canyon w/ escapade being the best run. finished up w/ laps in the snowden trees, which while showing some wear were excellent.

sunday blizzard conditions. intermitent power outages. only lifts that really ran were the snowden lifts, ramshead & maybe snowshed. the much maligned snowden quad was a lifesaver. fabulous day. after opening up w/ pow runs down north star, vagabond & royal flush, spent the rest of the day in the trees. took a couple run break and hit squeeze play on ramshead. fun low angled tree run. actually worked up a sweat doing laps running the ramshead hsq.

monday - sick day. i'm feeling much better thank you ... was chomping at the bit to hit the untouched canyon, superstar & needles areas due to sunday's lift closures. unfortuneately those lifts were on wind hold until about 9:30. warmed up w/ a couple snowden runs including powdery goodness on royal flush. spent the rest of my day in canyon, supe & needles. suffice it to say one of the great pow days i've had at k ...

2knees

nice write up. was needles liftline doable? love that run with all the little hits and junk on it.

skiadikt

one other note ... as i mentioned on kzone, on my way back to the superstar lift from flume (open) on the newly reopened connecting trail, i was accused by a k employee of having skied lower ovation. didn't catch the name but could as well have been nyberg. from where he was positioned, he didn't even have a good view of ovation, so to be randomly stopping skiers and accusing skiers of skiing a closed trail was pretty absurd & insulting.