• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tree runs at Stowe

snoseek

I'm told vail is shipping all the tree runs at stowed to Alton alps so no more trees

ExtremeRyan

There is tree skiing in every patch of woods at Stowe, some is obvious, some is not. Some is cut, some is natural. Poke around and look for entrances wherever you can, sometimes they aren’t obvious. I always saw impassable evergreens behind the octagon building , but something told me to look harder, I found a steep and deep chute with a discrete entrance that dropped you into Goat Glades. Never thought anything like that could be in there. I know this reply is a little late, but if you’re ever up there again,DM me. I’ll send you my secret trail map with all the lines I know, including on The Chin and Upper Kitchen Wall. Happy shredding, -Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

There is tree skiing in every patch of woods at Stowe, some is obvious, some is not. Some is cut, some is natural. Poke around and look for entrances wherever you can, sometimes they aren’t obvious. I always saw impassable evergreens behind the octagon building , but something told me to look harder, I found a steep and deep chute with a discrete entrance that dropped you into Goat Glades. Never thought anything like that could be in there. I know this reply is a little late, but if you’re ever up there again,DM me. I’ll send you my secret trail map with all the lines I know, including on The Chin and Upper Kitchen Wall. Happy shredding, -Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Were buying a place up there..this could be useful as I'm not much of a tree skier but want to at least go in there sometimes.