Tree runs at Stowe

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tree runs at Stowe

I am going to Stowe Jan 5 and 6. I have heard of the tremendous variety of tree runs at Stowe. Where are they? Where are the trees tight and where are they further apart. I just bought some snowshoes, so mild to moderate hike to is cool. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
    I am going to Stowe Jan 5 and 6. I have heard of the tremendous variety of tree runs at Stowe. Where are they? Where are the trees tight and where are they further apart. I just bought some snowshoes, so mild to moderate hike to is cool. Thanks.

I give you some obvious tree runs...the woods to the left and right of Chin-Clip..Woods left of Nosedive..woods between goat and Nosedive..woods between Hayride and Lookout..woods between Starr and Lookout..woods above the Chapel on Toll Road..No need to hike at Stowe..everything is liftserved except the Chin and you don't need snowshoes for that..

Yo Steeze, thanks a lot. I've been to Stowe a few times, but it had not snowed in a while. I'm psyched to check out these glades this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
    Yo Steeze, thanks a lot. I've been to Stowe a few times, but it had not snowed in a while. I'm psyched to check out these glades this weekend.
    Be sure to post a trip report..

Don't miss the tree runs off the connector from Nosedive to the Gondola. There's a lot of room in there. Just folow the tracks. You should also look for the Bruce Trail. It won't be on a trail map but it is not a well kept secret.

Thanks Skicone. The Bruce Trail is in a book I picked up Sun. Backcountry Skiing Adventures, Vermont and New York, by David Goodman. Real cool book. That trail looks wicked cool!

The Bruce trail dumps out onto the flats of the Underhill x-c trail system. Not the best place for a snowboard.

Goat to goat woods and Lookout glades off the quad. If you want a short hike, the kitchen wall is right there and will dump you out back in the resort.

Don't mean to be a bummer but the temps. are suposed to be above 32 this weekend. The snow in the trees could get a little tricky, on the positive side, the ski packed sections should hold up well.
    Last edited by ski220; Jan 3, 2008 at 1:01 AM. Reason: additional thought

I wish I could tell you where these awesome tree runs are and what they're named. When I was at Stowe a few weeks ago I did quite a few tree runs that were named "follow me!"
    Awesome! Enjoy and report back!

I thought the Bruce trail ends at the Stowe cross country center...anway you can get Apres ski drinks and food at the Matterhorn after skiing the Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    I thought the Bruce trail ends at the Stowe cross country center...anway you can get Apres ski drinks and food at the Matterhorn after skiing the Bruce
    You get dumped out on the cross country trails with a lot of flat sliding and occasional uphills back to the area, pending you take the correct turns at the splits. Good trail, heck of a long flat run out to get back (coming from someone that seeks out these types of things).
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Thread Information