• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - 12/29 & 31/2007

shwilly

Date(s) Skied: 12/29/07, 12/31/07

Resort or Ski Area: Sugarloaf

Conditions: 12/29: PP, P, ~5" of new heavy snow turning into huge sticky bumps, snowing
12/31: PP, P, 6"+ of new light powder, snowing
Trip Report:
We had two great days at the Loaf to end an incredible month. Saturday we got to the hill late and ended up doing Spillway laps. It was a moderately crowded day with an unusual number of lessons on decent terrain. The new heavy snow formed huge bumps over the course of the day.

Sunday we never got to the hill, hung out with friends at the cabin and built a snow fort. I built a jump and did many madd steezy jumps off it.

Monday we got up semi-late and had great runs off of Timberline and Spillway. The new snow was a lot lighter than Saturday's, and the overall result was more powdery. We met friends and did some glades and bumps off of Whiffletree and King Pine. This was probably one of my top 10 days at the Loaf. New Year's festivities ensued.

Unfortunately I had to drive home today through some fairly sketchy conditions to resume tooling until next weekend. Supposedly there was 6" or so in the general area by 8 and still falling fast.

The camera is still in Maine, sorry.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's really hard to go back to work after such a great amount of snow goodness all over the northeast. We are going to be soooo grumpy when the niars come.