• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Review: Blizzard Titan Eos

Trekchick

Tester: 41 year old Female, 120 lbs 5'6", Advanced skier.
Equipment Tester usually skis: All mountain, crud buster ish.

Manufacturer: Blizzard
Model: 2008 Titan Eos
Length: 166 cm
Category & Dimensions: MidFat
123/88/109, 17M Turning Radius.
Construction:
IQ Sandwich Compound Sidewall, Carbon, Woodcore
1 less layer of metal than its Unisex Counterpart the Titan Cronus
Binding option: System IQ, with the option for Marker Dukes. I hear there is/will be an option for a system Tele binding for this line of skis, though I have not seen it.

1=Poor 2= Fair 3=Average 4=Very Good 5=Excellent
1 2 3 4 5
Short Turns 2
Medium Turns 4
Long Turns 5
Rebound 4
Stability 5
Forgiveness 4
Grip 3
Steeps 5
Crud 4
Powder 5
Ice 2
Overall Impression

Tested Length Felt:
Just Right

Ski Sidecut Felt:
Just Right

Ski Flex Felt:
The flex was nearly perfect, but I like a stiff ski so I would have liked it to be a touch stiffer, though not as stiff as its unisex counterpart the Titan Cronus.

Best Described As:
Balanced

Notes: Eos was the Titanic Goddess of Dawn, who rose from her home to herald the sun(Eos brother Helios).
That is the feel you get from these skis. Like you are rising to a new day and ready to embrace the sun, while you conquer the slopes.

I skied these in Michigan on slop and also on some marginally soft groomers prior to taking them to ESA Stowe, where I skied them on some sweeeet powder.
I'm not an accomplished powder skier, but felt very comfortable seizing the opportunity to follow Epic and Whiteroom.

These skis are performance oriented, and confidence building. Compound that with the confidence building and coaching at ESA Stowe, and it was enough so that I did a few small drops without hesitation.

*I thought there was some irony to the idea that the Virgin Clutch was the ski tip of the day for me and Minlou, while both of us were skiing on the Eos, which, after some recollection of my Greek Mythology, (source Wiki):
Eos is free with her favors and had many consorts, both among the generation of Titans and among the handsomest mortals.

Last edited: