• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How to install bindings?

ctenidae

Anybody ever make their own skis? Maybe i'll jump right into that. ha ha.

If you have the space, time, and equipment, it's probably not all that hard. I have seen some home setups, maybe $1000 worth of equipment and materials for the first ski. Probably only have to make 3-4 good pairs to break even. Or 3-4 bad pairs to break your neck.

Hawkshot99

I've read on epic that you can also take some plexiglass and make a jig yourself by marking and drilling the holes.

That is not a bad idea, but you dont know how much to spread the toe from the heal for the proper boot sole length. Different for each model binding.

I have mounted hundreds of skis. I have done a few with no jig, and they were apain. So much better to have a jig, but doable with out.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have recently bought a second or eighth set of skis. I don't know who really counts. But My question is, how difficult is it to drill holes and install the bindings off of another set of similar skis that are broken.

The skis are Elans A06's and the bindings are Tyrolias. Do any of you install your own bindings or is it definitely necessary to take it to a local ski shop and have them install them? I am not worried about the DIN settings as that is easily adjustable once the bindings are in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-X

It's as difficult as taking it to a shop to have it done....seriously...I tune my own skis, but I do NOT touch the bindings.

X-Linked

Website
www.alphabluetech.com
It's as difficult as taking it to a shop to have it done....seriously...I tune my own skis, but I do NOT touch the bindings.

They always get you somewhere huh? I guess messing with bindings is the equivalent to changing out a head gasket on a vehicle. Everything easier than that, is easy, everything beyond that is for pro techs only.