• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Pet Peeve Thread

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Okay since the snow is crap, may as well do some whining.

My first contribution:

Headlights that stay on for about 8 seconds after the doors are shut that make you do the nice thing and tell the driver his lights are on just to be corrected.

Your move.

snoseek

Cell phones and driving-I'd rather cross paths with a drunk driver.

I-70.

Highway tolls.

When slicing potatos with a conventional chef's knife and they stick to knife.

Litter, or other public acts of laziness such as shoppers that fail to corral their grocery cart.

Surcharges ect....

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
1. People who take routine cell phone calls while they are talking with a living, breathing human life form in their presence. I have no problem to take an urgent or emergency call, but most of the time it's mundane blather that can wait for a return call.

2. Weather forecasters who never acknowledge that they got yesterday's forecast dead wrong.

jack97

1. People who take routine cell phone calls while they are talking with a living, breathing human life form in their presence. I have no problem to take an urgent or emergency call, but most of the time it's mundane blather that can wait for a return call.

I hate it when talking to my co workers (about work related things) and I get put on indefinite hold when they take a call. Had a supervisor who routinely make a 10 minute conversation take twice as long because of "family chatter".

Anybody who comes to my desk to talk, I'll talk. When that phone rings, it gets put on v mail.

I agree with the cell phone chatter..people should leave their cell phones in their car when they're at work or skiing..

dmc

When people start a sentence, usually an annoying opinion or declaration with "the reality is..."

That and "At the end of the day"..... I hate that...

dmc

I agree with the cell phone chatter..people should leave their cell phones in their car when they're at work or skiing..

So instead of getting out to ride while I work and taking an occasional call so I CAN be out and work... Cause you know I work from home most of the time..

I should just stay inside to make YOU happy????

Ummm.... Not a shot in hell...

My pet peeve is people that try to tell me what I should do...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I've got plenty, but one of my biggest, and I've posted it here before, people collecting money on the streets. The worst is when kids are sent out on the streets to collect. Collecting for football uniforms, pom poms, etc... damn when I was a kid, it was the parents responsibility to take care of this. You have kids, you take care of them, don't ask me to, I didn't make them. What kind of values are you teaching them

ctenidae

Improper use of myself, literally, and irregardless.

The phrase "going forward"

People who don't know how to work toll booths

Email forwards that, even if worthwhile, don't delete the eleventy brazillian email addresses from previous forwards

Warp Daddy

CPAH's** on the lift

" Cell Phone @ss holes----------------conversation usually amts to "ya know wherei'm at? where you at?.Whatchoo doin later dude?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I just found myself driving up to the bank yesterday, and there were a couple kids at the door with their donation cans. I backed up, went around and used the drive thru. I hate being obligated because they smile and open the door for you. I am sure these are good kids, however. I can't see the trouble makers at school doing this. I am conflicted on this.

No conflict for me, yeah they may be good kids and all, but they're not mine, why shoud I support them. Next time one asks me for cash, I'll tell them to go ask their folks. Don't get me wrong, I love kids and am very generous with relative's kids and friends kids, but why should I be made to feel obligated to take care of stranger's kids? Cause they're cute and well behave? Nah, don't think so.

Greg

Staff member
People that have pet peeves...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
So instead of getting out to ride while I work and taking an occasional call so I CAN be out and work... Cause you know I work from home most of the time..

I should just stay inside to make YOU happy????

Ummm.... Not a shot in hell...

My pet peeve is people that try to tell me what I should do...

No, just put a sign on your back that says "at work, on call" then we'll understand. ;)
The message that is given is, "the phone is more important than you." If you explain you're working, you get a hall pass from me. But most people don't even apologize for the interruption and most calls can wait.

I let everything go to voice mail when skiing. If I'm "at work" and on call while skiing, I'll wait to an appropriate time/location and call them back. Not the bathroom ;)

"Give me land, lots of land under starry skies above, don't fence me in..." You're certainly entitled to be rude. I won't tell you to be rude... ;)