• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Bump or Bust Mogul Competition - 3/16/2008

MrMagic

i might go over there tomarrow (sunday) to see whats going on

Greg

Staff member
It also looks like snowboarders are their own category which is good. No skier vs. snowboarder duals which would be rather silly...

Greg

Staff member
The latest from Mr. Sullivan:

Right now Temptor is firm and somewhat reflective. However the forecast for the week is sunny and warm. Those bumps are on a deep base and are showing no dirt in the troughs. They should improve when they get skied this week. Sunday the 16th is forecasted in the mid 40’s.

We will do something with the end of the course Tuesday overnight. Wed. & Thur. Will be in the high 40’s low 50’s, working them in should be no problem. Worst case, it doesn’t work out and, we flatten the new part and end where it is right now. However, I do think it will work.

The hill held up well. We will once again, run out of customers before, we run out of snow.

As far as making more snow. I’ll pretend you didn’t ask that, so that I can go on believing your not completely insane.

:lol: Chris is a good guy.

bvibert

Staff member
Pretty diplomatic first line if you ask me.

I'm heading up there later I'll report back.

Greg

Staff member
Pretty diplomatic first line if you ask me.

I'm heading up there later I'll report back.

They might not be terrible later this afternoon. Only mid-30's, but the mid-March sun is strong. Stick to the sunny bumps and take some pics.

MrMagic

so a quick question maybe someone will know, for the comp, will it start at the temptor/ nor ester split or the tempotor head wall? im assumming since after the split temptor has that extreamly flat section it will start at the head wall

Greg

Staff member
so a quick question maybe someone will know, for the comp, will it start at the temptor/ nor ester split or the tempotor head wall? im assumming since after the split temptor has that extreamly flat section it will start at the head wall

Yes. The top of the steep section. There's no way the could judge any further up.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
He decided to help out and is currently working. He'll be getting out around 10PM or so. I'll be sure to remind him that you're waiting for an update.

Greg

Staff member
He decided to help out and is currently working. He'll be getting out around 10PM or so. I'll be sure to remind him that you're waiting for an update.

Man....what nerve. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning for a report...? Geez... :roll:

;)

bvibert

Staff member
I only had a chance to make 6 or so runs and I wasn't able to get out there until like 4 so I missed the softest they likely were. The first two runs were pretty rough. The upper section is in tough shape and the middle section more closely resembled a skating rink than a ski trail. On the lower section I, for some reason, took the left line first which was pretty shaded and probably hadn't seen much sun. It was, err uh, rough to say the least. Real firm with some pretty slick spots thrown in for good measure. The second run I took a more line more to the right so it was in the sun more. It was better, but not by much. I took a short break to go fetch my camera which I had forgotten inside. When I came back I noticed that there was a very definite track down the right side all the way from the top of the run, one that someone had run numerous times. There was actually some looser stuff there and was pretty edgable. Unfortunately the far right line is a little sketchy as far as the bumps shapes and spacing go, but it wasn't too bad. I stuck with that line for the remainder of my runs and had a fun time. I probably should have made an effort to get out there earlier and get some more practice, but it just didn't work out that way.

Here's some pics, but they don't do the sketchiness justice:

Top section:

After the turn:

The flats:

Lower:

You can see the bumps didn't loose too much of their size or shape. I think they'll be quite good with some warmer temperatures and people skiing them back in more...

Greg

Staff member
Lower:

You can see the bumps didn't loose too much of their size or shape. I think they'll be quite good with some warmer temperatures and people skiing them back in more...

Indeed. Lower Temptor still looks great. Still good coverage and nice lines. We just need some warmth. I feel better now. Thanks, Brian.

2knees

The flats:

DDDDDDamn. looks like my bathroom mirror.

Lower:

holy crap that first pic is brutal just to look at.

Bumps look damn good considering. seem a little more rounded then prior to the rain but nothing drastic at all.

They're tough as nails.

Greg

Staff member
Bumps look damn good considering. seem a little more rounded then prior to the rain but nothing drastic at all.

Some warmth, sun and ripper traffic and those babies will grow and evolve into beautiful works of art.

2knees

oh and for anyone interested, i'll be there tomorrow with Greg. The more people we can get the better. We need to get those things shaped up for our contest.

I'm bringing a collapsable shovel with me. If they get soft enough, we can shape out any rough spots.