• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski sundown ( night) 1-18-08

MrMagic

area: ski sundown
Date : 1-18-08 (night Time)

Conditions: sugar over ice and hardpack, some cookies ( non edible type)

I arrived at 5: 30 Pm the base lodge was packed with school kids. Lift one was still down after yesterdays bearing failure that resulted in a lift evac. The crews were hard at work on the upper bull-wheel and hopefully it will be ready by tomorrow morning for the big weekend. The lines for lift two were quite long even in the singles line. First run was down canyon run, icy with sugar snow over it, bumps at exhibition were ok pretty hammered out by then nor ester was open and I spent about an hour just bumping lines.
Around 7:45 lift 2 was shut down to let the cats go by or something and lines were crazy looooooong so called it a night.

Hope they blow some snow in those bumps they are quite icy in places.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Hope they blow some snow in those bumps they are quite icy in places.
Once conditions allow, I'm sure they will. It'll probably be cold enough this weekend, though I believe humidity factors into it as well.

YES, hopefully lift 1 is back for tomorrow. They're expecting large crowds with the Burton event that will be going on.

You didn't hang out for the party in the lounge tonight? ;)

MrMagic

Once conditions allow, I'm sure they will. It'll probably be cold enough this weekend, though I believe humidity factors into it as well.

YES, hopefully lift 1 is back for tomorrow. They're expecting large crowds with the Burton event that will be going on.

those jumps are HUDGE looks like it will be a good time

o3jeff

Thanks for mentioning the that the Burton event is today. Was going to head up there skiing today, but will go tomorrow instead to avoid the excess people.

bvibert

Staff member
Was going to head up there skiing today, but will go tomorrow instead to avoid the excess people.

Probably a good idea. Today was super packed, though the lift lines weren't terrible IMHO. A LOT of people hanging out watching the event...