• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Abram - January 19, 2008

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: January 19, 2008

Resort or Ski Area: Mt. Abram

Conditions: PP

Trip Report: Very good day at Mt. Abram. This is a great mid-sized hill offering terrain for all abilities. They got a good six inches in the last storm and the snow held up all day.

Its basically one chair to the top. Any groomer from the top was a winner. We found great fun taking the terrain jumps off Dudley Do Right. The top offered some pretty good pitch and some great carves.

The glade from the top was steep, but pretty good coverage. We hit the only double-black diamond lower rocky's run. I was really surprised at the pitch! Was not really long but I was a bit in over my head... but the snow was deep and I managed to follow my boys down. Another review on this forum said this mountain had great expert terrain when the snow is deep and they were correct.

So good day overall. 10 minute waits sometimes at the lift (there is a t-bar running sometimes that gets most of the way to the top) but couldn't complain.

Some pics:

View from the lodge looking up the hill:
mtabram1.jpg

Wife heading down the top part of Upper Rocky's Run:
mtabram2.jpg

Son #2 shredding some gnar:
mtabram3.jpg

Boyz navigating down Rocky's Run:
mtabram4.jpg

salsgang

Yup - Locke Mills ME. Gets overshadowed by its Sunday River Neighbor - but great hill if you like a good community mid-sized sking experience.