• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jiminy Peak 1-18-08

The Red Baron

Dates Skiied- 1-18-08
Conditions- Wet, icy-glaze from night before. Skiiable :daffy:
Mountain- Jiminy Peak, North-Western Mass.
Trails Open: 33/44
Trip Report: My first overnight trip of the season. My friend and I stayed at Spruce 'n Oaks in Lee Mass. Very nice place to stay, 2 BDRM and 2 BRM. About 20 minutes to Butternut and 40 to Jiminy.

After a nice rest on the king-size bed, I was ready to go. We ate our pop-tarts :beer: and were off. After about 40 minutes ride, we reached the mountain. It seemed as though we were the only ones there. The summit was shrouded in thick fog but we took the 6-chair up anyway. With little visibility but noone to watch out for, it was sick. We warmed up on a nice green, Roundabout, and followed the longest, easiest way all the way down. About half way down, it seemed as though there was no fog, but look up and its still there.

My buddy is very picky and still thought the conditions were crummy, but I dont get to go as often so I'll ski on just about anything. We went down a few more greens, blues. He decided he could do a diamond so we went down "Whirlaround" and boy did he wipe out good. After waiting for him to get back in the game, he cut through to a blue and I finished the trail.

We skiied a few more runs and it was lunch-time. We decided we would eat at the less crowded summit-lodge. The prices were INSANE. 8.50 for 6 pop corn chickens and a small dose of fries.

After lunch, we split up for a while and I skied down the only double diamond open, Jericho, It was not very tough. There were plenty of spots to stop and gaze out to the surrounding hills. The view was incredible and being alone on the slope made it all the more better.

Needless to say, we had a great day on Jiminy. Highly reccomended by me. We also skiied Butternut Saturday. VERY CROWDED, icy, S-L-O-W Lifts. But Applejack was nice:daffy: