• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sno Mtn-1/20/07

millerm277

Got out at about 9:30AM, started the day with a run down the very firm Whistler, not their fault, as I could see the snow flying up and off the trail, very windy up there today.

After that, I moved down to the North Face area, which was much nicer. Cannonball was great for speed runs in the morning, and pretty good all day.

Boomer was tied with White Lightening for the best run of the day. Far left was soft snow you could really go fast on, middle had some large bumps, and the right had a very nice line of medium sized bumps.

White Lightening...had large moguls, with a couple of good lines...and the entire steep section of trail was covered in deep man-made powder.

Smoke had J3 races going on until about 2PM, was (as expected), pretty skied off by the time it opened to the public, although they were starting up the guns as I was leaving at 5PM.

Started to get a bit more crowded around noon. (By crowded, I mean I could see other people were actually on the mountain). Liftlines were non-existant, and in the morning and late afternoon, it seemed like we were the only ones there.

Snowguns were blasting all day. Probably at least 100 SMI Polecats and Vikings running all day (and night it looked like), it was actually hard to see on White Lightening and Boomer from all the snow being made. Fasttrack and Runaway look like they should be open soon.

Another great day.