• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow 1/18/08

reefer

Mt Snow 1/19/08

Mt. Snow is in great condition again. 6-12" will get them 100%. The woods and natural trails have a great base with a frozen layer over it. Could only ski Challenger, Uncles, PDF, Ripcord, Bear Trap for un-groomed, which were all fantastic! The crust was just too tough with trees around, and there wasn't quite enough cover for some of the other greats like Ledges, Jaws, and Olympic. Also blowing a ton on Fallen Timbers which was a blast. Chute was skiing nice. Whenever we ended up on groomers they were pretty nice with plenty of snow.
There was nobody there at 8:00! However it was a late arriving crowd. Lines at Summit Express and Canyon Quad were crazy when we came down for lunch at 11:00. I can't remember the lines as long as they were at 3:30 at the Summit Express. Thank You Mt. Snow for having all your lifts turning. Didn't have to wait at all really if you didn't mind a slower lift ride. Never waited on North Face. I did reconsider staying for Sunday however and headed home in the morning with the wind, cold, and people factor. The Valley was hopping Saturday Night. Business appears to be very good at all the lodges and restaurants. Lot of people around! Just like Thanksgiving, one of the busiest MLK Saturdays I've seen in a while!
Thought I would throw up these pics of my buds and a sign I don't think I've seen before, but I know you've all seen this type of condition. Wasn't easy playing "icebreaker" on the first couple runs but then it got sweet!
Skied Saturday1/19, not 1/18 doh..........

Last edited: