• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ is a Richer Place

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It seems to me that AZ forum has grown a lot richer in the past couple months. The fact that more people of all skills, ages, abilities and locales are participating in the discussion is the most obvious change. Message strings about CT, NY, PA and other "not-north" areas are increasing at a steady rate. The forum is becoming more rounded, less "northern ski/boarder snobs" or "single male skier/boarder" oriented. It brings a richer perspective, a better understanding of the wide continuum of interests. 7 million out of 300million ain't a lot. An a lot smaller than 7m is the eastern ski scene. Bringing it together in an amicable forum, where we can discuss with out flames is bringing notice in the industry. There is a lot of potential, but as it's said, "it takes a village to raise a child", so to, it takes a forum to raise a ski community. Kudos to Greg and others for a steady hand on the tiller. Patience and attentiveness pay off big time. Congrats.

Greg

Staff member
Thanks for the kind words, billski. The success of this community has less to do with me, and more to do with all of you!

MRGisevil

Agreed. I've checked out other ski forums and have to say there's much more a sense of community and collegiality on this site than on others (where forumers seem to host a more narcissistic personality and constantly try to trump one another in knowledge and ability). Due to the ease of joining in and being so easily accepted, I've become a much more active member of the skiing community.

With the variety of skier levels and places of origin on AZ there's always a new opnion to be heard or something new to learn. I'm happy I came across this site and can honestly say I've taken from it much more than I've given. Thanks to everyone, from beginner to vet, for everything I've learned this past year.

bvibert

Staff member
It's definitely gotten more diverse around here in the last few months, that's a good thing! I'm glad to be part of such an awesome community. It's true that everyone here makes it great, but of course I'm the biggest reason this place rocks...

Now if we could just get Marc to stop scaring away the women we'd be all set... ;)

drjeff

250.gif