• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett - Tuesday 1/22/08 (PM)

WJenness

Date(s) Skied: 1/22/08

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett

Conditions: Machine Groomed

Trip Report: Hit up Wa tonight for a couple hours, place was dead tonight. I talked with an instructor on one of my lift rides and he mentioned that most of the school groups were cancelled for tonight as a lot of the schools had today off for teacher development. Remember this day for next year.

Singles line was ski on all night for Minuteman and Polar. Ski on period for vickery lift, didn't go near the monadnock lift.

Because of the lack of people, the conditions were better than they had been on recent weeknights. The grooming held up decently, but there was still some scratch (wicked hardpack) around. Skied all three summit trails, Piece of Cake, Hitchcock and Ralph's several times each. WMRT had just started setting up a slalom course (they had the first gate up) on Smith while I was up there (Skiers left again), so I skied the left side before they got the course set.

The wind on the Minuteman lift was pretty vicious, much less so on the summit lift. I needed my clava soley for the lift rides on Minuteman.

The park is coming back. The rails, boxes and jumps are back in and it was all groomed out. However, it was still closed. I'd guess it would open in the next day or so.

Ralph's was the trail of the day as the traffic was very light after the grooming and it was groomed perfectly, no scratch at all.

-w