• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mont Orford - 12/20 and 12/21/04

skijay

Resort: Mont Orford

Date Skied: 12/20 and 12/21/04

Conditions: -12F to 0, cold, loose snow over hard pack and some ice, sun & clouds, some wind.

Trip Report:

Monday was my first day out for the season. It was cloudy and cold with the famous cloud at the summit. I think it was snowing and the snow making We had received about 2 inches of snow Sunday night as the cold from approached. As it went from 34 degrees to -12 on Monday morning. Orford was not very crowded and had the Mont Giroux lift and the T-bar open. The gondola / chair lift hybrid was closed as was the Rapido triple, so there was no skiing from the summit. I think it was a wind hold or a temperature related item. When I pulled into the lot, it looked as if it was operating.

Basically there was about 6 trails open from the top of Giroux. Man was it cold! I managed about 4 hours of skiing.

Tuesday started off sunny and when I was at the base the temperature was 0. There was no wind so it felt a lot better than Monday. The Giroux Quad, T-Bar and the Hybride lift were open so today there was skiing from the summit.

I almost did not ski on Tuesday some 12 to 13yr old tried to swipe my SnowBlades as I momentarily placed them on the rack unlocked.
orford122004.jpg

orford122004a.jpg