• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

50 Cent's House For Sale

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
Mortgage Payment

Purchase Price: $18,500,000.00 Rate: 5.00% Term: 30 Years Down Payment: $10,000.00 Yearly Taxes: $50,000.00 Yearly Insurance: $25,000.00 Income Required (33% Ratio): $3,836,666.18 Income Required (36% Ratio): $3,516,944.00 Monthly Payment: $105,508.32 Note: This monthly payment includes the insurance and taxes as entered on the previous screen.

bvibert

Staff member
Mortgage Payment

Purchase Price: $18,500,000.00 Rate: 5.00% Term: 30 Years Down Payment: $10,000.00 Yearly Taxes: $50,000.00 Yearly Insurance: $25,000.00 Income Required (33% Ratio): $3,836,666.18 Income Required (36% Ratio): $3,516,944.00 Monthly Payment: $105,508.32 Note: This monthly payment includes the insurance and taxes as entered on the previous screen.

Chump change...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Gotta admit, a guilty pleasure is seeing the mighty fall

I don't care how amazing the house might be, who the heck wants an 18.5 million dollar house in a suburb of Hartford, Ct????? I bet it sells for half that.

This certainly begs the question, who really wants/needs an 18.5 million dollar house anywhere? If someone's shelling out that kind of dough, for this forums sake, it better have a private backyard that includes a 2000 vert hill, 250+ inches of annual snowfall, a detachable quad, some snowmaking and grooming machines and the staff to operate it.

Wasn't the sale price for Mount Snow and Attish combined 77 million??? Yet this guy wants 18.5 for a house on some acreage in a suburb of Hartford?

Two totally different scenarios, but I think you all see my point.

drjeff

Gotta admit, a guilty pleasure is seeing the mighty fall

I don't care how amazing the house might be, who the heck wants an 18.5 million dollar house in a suburb of Hartford, Ct????? I bet it sells for half that.

This certainly begs the question, who really wants/needs an 18.5 million dollar house anywhere? If someone's shelling out that kind of dough, for this forums sake, it better have a private backyard that includes a 2000 vert hill, 250+ inches of annual snowfall, a detachable quad, some snowmaking and grooming machines and the staff to operate it.

Wasn't the sale price for Mount Snow and Attish combined 77 million??? Yet this guy wants 18.5 for a house on some acreage in a suburb of Hartford?

Two totally different scenarios, but I think you all see my point.

He might get something in the 12 million range for it in all seriousness. It's on a gorgeous piece of property set high on a ridgeline with great views to the West of the Farmington River Valley. Also along this ridge is ALOT of other houses in the 3 to 5 million range that are generally a "petite" 5,000 or so sq. ft. :roll:

With Hartford being the home base for a multiple Insurance companies, I'm sure the real estate agent that is handling this has pitched it in that reference for 50 cent.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Oh, I'm familiar with the area. My folks owned a very nice home for ten years up on a ridge in Burligton, Ct with fabulous views. Modest 2400 sqft home on 2 acres that they sold for 350K in 2000. That said, 2000 was the bottom of the market. They built the house in 1990 for 325K and after 6 months on the market...took what they could get and retired to Florida.

Granted, there are numerous very wealthy insurance executives in Hartford, but for 12 mil, you could get a home of equal stature on a mountainside or oceanfront in numerous locations throughout New England.

I could understand 12 mil if a similar home was in close proximity to a legitimate city such as NYC or even Boston...but outside of Hartford?????

I'll be interested to see what it sells for. If it fetches 10 mil, I'd seriously be suprised. If it does, the guy who drops that dough, probably also has a 12 mil ocean front home and money doesn't matter at all. Well, I guess anyone who can lay down over 5 mil on a home probably has zero financial worries for themselves or their family for generations.

bvibert

Staff member
Oh, I'm familiar with the area. My folks owned a very nice home for ten years up on a ridge in Burligton, Ct with fabulous views. Modest 2400 sqft home on 2 acres that they sold for 350K in 2000. That said, 2000 was the bottom of the market. They built the house in 1990 for 325K and after 6 months on the market...took what they could get and retired to Florida.

No kidding, I grew up in Burlington. I moved to Farmington in 94 or so...

ctenidae

You could buy and renovate Maple Valley for much less than that. Sure, it's only about 1,000 vert, but it's got two chairlifts, sort of, 8 snow fans, sort of, and 2 cats, sort of.

bvibert

Staff member
You could buy and renovate Maple Valley for much less than that. Sure, it's only about 1,000 vert, but it's got two chairlifts, sort of, 8 snow fans, sort of, and 2 cats, sort of.

If I had 18M I'd much rather do that than buy some big house in Farmington...

Paul

The house used to belong to Ben Sisti, who went down in the S&L scandals.

Place is cursed, I tells ya!

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I had 18M I'd much rather do that than buy some big house in Farmington...

Definitely

I believe Win actually bought Sugarbush for less than that. I don't think the sale price was made public, but I recall hearing he got it for a song.

I do know that Saddleback was purchased for 7.5 million and that purchase price included over eight thousand acres of land.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No kidding, I grew up in Burlington. I moved to Farmington in 94 or so...

I actually spent the summer of 94 staying at my folks house in Burlington. I hung out with a number of kids from Burlington High School that summer, but didn't really keep in touch. The only name that comes to mind was a fellow with red hair, last name Sullivan, went by 'Sully'

bvibert

Staff member
I actually spent the summer of 94 staying at my folks house in Burlington. I hung out with a number of kids from Burlington High School that summer, but didn't really keep in touch. The only name that comes to mind was a fellow with red hair, last name Sullivan, went by 'Sully'

That name isn't ringing a bell. The summer of 94 was between my junior and senior years in HS, I graduated from LSM (Burlington HS) in 95 even though I was technically living in Farmington at the time.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The house used to belong to Ben Sisti, who went down in the S&L scandals.

Place is cursed, I tells ya!

This thread makes the world smaller to me in many ways. When I spent the summer in Burlington, I met and dated the duaghter of the CFO for Colonial realty whom was Ben Sisti's right hand man in the scandal.

dmc

As I was driving through the bowels of Jersey yesterday i saw a few sale signs on some McMansions that stand in what was a vast cornfield. I thought maybe we should just plow them down or move them and return the land to farming...

Dr Skimeister

As I was driving through the bowels of Jersey yesterday i saw a few sale signs on some McMansions that stand in what was a vast cornfield. I thought maybe we should just plow them down or move them and return the land to farming...

*applause*

bvibert

Staff member

Sounds like a damn fine idea to me! :beer: