• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Volkl SuperSport Allstar and Marker Motion Binding

Bandy1080

Volkl SuperSport Allstar and Marker Motion Binding
So I just snagged a pair of ice/rock skis for out east. I got a crazy deal on a pair of used 175cm Volkl Supersport Allstar (5 star). Unfortunately it came with the Marker Motion rental binding.
This is what the skis look
The skis are in fantastic shape but the bindings are what bother me. So I have a Couple of questions.

1. If I wanted to buy a pair of new Marker Motion bindings what ones would I be able to get that fit my skis? Im assuming that this years bindings don't fit those skis?
2. Are the rental bindings really that bad and should i even be concerned with replacing them?
3. Lastly, the rental bindings seem to have a little give/movement in the toe and heel area. Is this normal?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

drjeff

#1 I'm not aware that Marker/Volkl have changed up the dimensions of the rails that these binding sit on, so you should be okay with newer ones(if you want)

#2 I have a pair of marker demo motion bindings on one of the pair of my skis in the quiver and they've been fine for the 2 seasons that I've had them. Slightly heavier than the regular non-demo bindings, but thats about it.

#3 Both my marker demo pair and a similar pair of marker motions(non-demo) that I have have a slight wiggle in the toe piece and performed problem free during heavy use a few seasons ago.

Hope that helps.

When in doubt though, have a shop check them out for you.

Hawkshot99

1. If I wanted to buy a pair of new Marker Motion bindings what ones would I be able to get that fit my skis? Im assuming that this years bindings don't fit those skis?
System bindings are not sold by themselves. I have tried to buy a pair for a customer from the factory(K2 but they use Marker bindings just like Vokle) and was told that there was no way we could get them.

2. Are the rental bindings really that bad and should i even be concerned with replacing them?
There is nothing wrong with the rental/demo binding on there. They weigh a bit more, but nothing is wrong with them.

3. Lastly, the rental bindings seem to have a little give/movement in the toe and heel area. Is this normal?
Unless a binding is screwed into the ski after getting lots of use it will have a bit of wiggle to it. Having it released checked will tell you if it is good, but it should be.