• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's focus on Suburus for a second.

urban07sti

Yea, they didn't have any limiteds left when I bought mine....I at least got one of the limted colors though (urban gray metallic), great color on these cars IMO.

Still being pretty young and such (22), I can deal with the big wing and the attention of it, but in the future I may do a trunk swap for the little wing....I go back and worth. It is funny in that I can't open my trunk all the way with the skis on the rack b/c the wing will hit it....

I have nothing against Subbies, but a STI is NOT the car I'm looking for at this stage in my life

I figured as such, just throwing out an option. My father doesn't even like to be seen in mine haha, he's a more classic sports car guy.

wa-loaf

The whole point of having the TDI isn't to get "lots more power", it's to get lots more MPG... ;)

The Euro TDI's actually have a lot of power. Last time i was in Germany (2001) we rented a Golf wagon with TDI and 6 speed. I had no trouble keeping up with the beemers and benz's and was cruising easily at 110 - 120 mph.

bvibert

Staff member
The Euro TDI's actually have a lot of power. Last time i was in Germany (2001) we rented a Golf wagon with TDI and 6 speed. I had no trouble keeping up with the beemers and benz's and was cruising easily at 110 - 120 mph.

I didn't mean to say they're dogs, that's just not my motivation for wanting one. If I wanted tons of power I'd be looking for something else...

campgottagopee

Yea, they didn't have any limiteds left when I bought mine....I at least got one of the limted colors though (urban gray metallic), great color on these cars IMO.

Still being pretty young and such (22), I can deal with the big wing and the attention of it, but in the future I may do a trunk swap for the little wing....I go back and worth. It is funny in that I can't open my trunk all the way with the skis on the rack b/c the wing will hit it....

I figured as such, just throwing out an option. My father doesn't even like to be seen in mine haha, he's a more classic sports car guy.

Yup that's a nice color. I've always liked the blue as well amybe because that's the car they race. I tried getting #007 in that limited but someone beat me to the order bank. Ended up with 111.

urban07sti

Nice, that's badass you have a limited, maybe see you around. I'll be on the lookout, actually haven't seen a limited in real life driving.

campgottagopee

Nice, that's badass you have a limited, maybe see you around. I'll be on the lookout, actually haven't seen a limited in real life driving.

No, no, no---I run a Nissan-Subaru dealership so that's the car I ordered!!!! A buddy of mine did end up with the car so I do see it quite often. Sorry for any confusion. If I had to buy a car it would by an Outback Ltd......like some others the STI (albeit a kick ass car) wouldn't meet my needs. You've got a cool car, enjoy!:daffy:

yup... sorry... If your lucky she's just bi...

ahahahahahaha..earlier she was saying that a Forester is the ultimate lesbian car and I asked her if she was a lesbian and she said no..anyway I have a date tomorrow..

dmc

ahahahahahaha..earlier she was saying that a Forester is the ultimate lesbian car and I asked her if she was a lesbian and she said no..anyway I have a date tomorrow..

Subaru - the first choice for VT lesbians...

A friend of mine is gay and loves that joke... cause it's true to a degree....

wa-loaf

Subaru - the first choice for VT lesbians...

A friend of mine is gay and loves that joke... cause it's true to a degree....

Martina Navratilova was the pitch woman for awhile. Enough said.

wa-loaf

Whats with the rear wiper on the 05+ outback? I need to replace mine, but I can't find one in the local auto parts store. It seems they use some kind of new or proprietary attachment. The dealer is kind of a pain to get to and it sucks I'm going to have to waste an hour to go get a wiper blade. God knows what is going to cost from them too.