• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's focus on Suburus for a second.

wa-loaf

I avg'd 29.6 mpg yesterday from LI to Plattekill and back..3 guys, ski bags, and a Thule Ascent 1600 on the roof....

In what the Audi or the new Volvo? That's pretty impressive if you go that in the Volvo, I didn't think they did that well with the turbo and all.

hammer

I recntly had my 2006 Suburu Impreza serviced and I saw a 2008 Impreza and they are so ugly..the dealer said they have more backseat legroom but that doesn't matter to me since I can't drive from the backseat.

My lease runs out on Haloween and I'll be several thousands miles over the 36,000 lease so I'll most likely take the option to buy, and drive it another year or so before selling it privately and then leasing a different vehicle..maybe an Audi..

The only issue I've had in almost 2.5 year is that recently the check engine light came on and my cruise control didn't work but that was fixed with a new sensor and the problem seems to be common in 2006 Suburus. I will say that the people who work at the dealership where I bought my Suburu..Faulkner off 512 in Bethlehem PA..were really friendly..I was able to knock over 40 bucks a month off my lease with negotiations..and I even got free windshield wiper blade replacements..

Suburus to me are definitely reliable..at least mine..and I abuse the F@ck out of it..
I actually don't think that the new Imprezas look too bad...I have to fit a few growing kids in the back seat so the increased rear seat room makes the Impreza an option now. I'm also hoping that the new Forester will have the bigger back seat as well so I can think of one of those as an option.

hammer

I know---I can't friggin believe it!!!! was hoping you wouldn't fin out, my bad. It is only for 24 mo's but still free $$$$$ is hard to come by.
0.0% financing for 24 months = $41.67/$1000 borrowed

Finance $20K, monthly payment = $833.33 :-o:-o

How many people can actually take advantage of this??

campgottagopee

Last month 63% of out buyers used the 0%----what it really does is spur the cash buyer into buying sooner than later.

hammer

Last month 63% of out buyers used the 0%----what it really does is spur the cash buyer into buying sooner than later.
I know what you mean on the 0% financing...I've taken advantage of that the last few times I've made a large (~$3k) household purchase. I'm just surprised that there are that many people who can make a "cash purchase" of a $20K (or much more) new car...

Guess I'd rather take the longer loan and try to see if I can pay it off early...that way I'm not forced into a huge monthly payment.

Well I was going to buy a car outright...I'd definitely take advantage of it and then the 20k could be in several CDs of various lengths..

wa-loaf

BTW I current lease my car so payments are mad low..I'll probably take the option to buy though..

If you focus on what your monthly payment is (for lease or purchase) you are going to get screwed in the long run. Negotiate the price and then deal with financing. You are probably going to have to buy the car for more than it's worth at the end of your lease. You'd might be better off paying the penalty and buying a different used one. Do the math when you get to that point. Basically is the penalty larger or smaller than the difference between the buy-out or the going rate for a similar used car.

campgottagopee

If you focus on what your monthly payment is (for lease or purchase) you are going to get screwed in the long run.

Agree with purchase but not in a lease----there are only 2 things that matter in a lease---what's my payment and how much $$$$ did I take out of my pocket to get it there.

wa-loaf

Agree with purchase but not in a lease----there are only 2 things that matter in a lease---what's my payment and how much $$$$ did I take out of my pocket to get it there.

True, but you also have to consider what it's gonna cost you at the end.

Edit: I know that's not what a lot of leasies have on their minds, but they should.