• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Annual: My/Your Hiking year was really good/bad because you did/didn't do:

Frodo

Mari,

1st of all, my sincerest regrets to your aunt's passing...

2nd, Congrats on your recent engagement!!!! It doesn't get much better than being married in such a beautiful place as the mountains.. :D

3rd, Awesome job with finishing your 48!

Max

Started out the year in great style, getting 22 winter summits. Then things tapered off as I started heavy duty triathlon training. With all the running, biking, and swimming, I got less hiking in than 2003. I still did manage a few trips including a fun filled 4 days with freinds in the Pemi.

This year will probably be more of the same, since I'm registered for the Ironman in Lake Placid in July. Hiking will probably be at a minimum level, though it'll pick up a bit in the Fall.

blacknblue

thetrailboss said:
SilentCal said:
3. Spend a night at an RMC place.

Silent Cal: Crag camp is unbelievable! The view into King Ravine is amazing and the porch is nice. :eek: The price is very reasonable. Do check it out.
Yes, indeed, I've spent many a pleasing evening and morning at Crag! Good stuff--beautiful sunsets, zillions of stars, easy acesss to the summits, and terrific sunrises.
My past hiking year was pretty rough. Knee tendonitis in April kept things pretty slow for me. Just as I was coming back, I had my patella compress while 8 miles from my car in the wilderness (by myself, of course). No new notable peaks in 2004.
I'm hoping to explore Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park and the Indian Peaks Wilderness here in CO in 2005, climb the trailless Pacific Peak (13,900+'), and an off-piste trailblaze from Willow Lakes to Buffalo Pass.
If I get back to NE, I would love to try the Baldface Range and the Mahoosucs.

W

Weary Wanderer

Hm, perhaps not that good, I didn't accomplish quite go where I wanted, but somehow I have compensated it already in the beggining of this year- when went to the Pacific Coast in Nome. Where we walked the Kennel Club Trail. Spent some nice week there.