• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk retirement savings

Where do you stand concerning retirement savings?

• I have a company plan and I'm comfortable that I am on track to retire when I want to

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I am self financing my retirement and I'm comfortable I will retire when I want to

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I have a company plan, but I'm not comfortable with how much I'm saving

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I am self financing my retirement and I'm WAY behind

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • No worried at all, I plan on marrying into money ;)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No worries, my winning lotto ticket is due any day now

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I hope I die before I get old

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Warp Daddy

Interesting you mention your 20's. I'm going to coach my kids to make the most of their 20's earning-wise/saving-wise. If you could enter your 30's with some financial comfort, you sure could enjoy parenting, etc even more.

Great advice Chris and even better parenting -- thta what i did with my kids when they were here and now they are doing really well as Professionals in their late 30's and are invested better than i was at their current age .

Plan your Life/work , and work your plan .

Set specific AND MEASUREABLE goals that are annually reviewed to keep yourself on target for financial independence , physical fitness and with discipline YOU will hit your TARGET

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
It's not my fault. I have a defective brain and have no clue what I want. I suspect that won't change in the near future.

ccskier

I try to put away as much as possible. Out about 7-8k year into my 401k, .50 on the dollar match up to 5% by employee. Have year end profit shaing, so it all adds up. Also have a separate Roth, College Savings Plan, ING savings account etc... Try to spread it all out. May have to knock off my parents/mother in-law to add to my property portfolio.