• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MRG Saturday, 2-9-08

Greg

Staff member
I want to ski MRG in March with the wife. The wife doesn't like the sound of MRG. I just want to ski one run of the single (to say we rode it in its 1st season) and then tool around in the Bird Land area for the rest of the day.

Upper Antelope to Broadway to Bunny is doable by any intermediate skier. U. Antelope is a damn fine run. Talk about a cruiser with character. Knowing how you ski, I think you could also handle Cat Bowl and parts of Beaver. Canyon is ungroomed, but wide and not overly steep. Finally, Lower Antelope is ungroomed, but not overly steep either so you should try that too. That's a great trail.

Grassi21

We took Antelope to Catamount then cut back over to the greens. It was a pretty relaxed run. Lift 2 also dumps out to a plethora of groomers that ghost the more advanced stuff, so she's sure to find a lot of cruisers she can have a good time on.

Sweet. Thanks.

MR. evil

If you want some fun (meaning bumps) off the double, make sure to ski all of the Quacky's (1, 2, &3) and also hit Periwinkle Bowl (my favorite trail of the day) as well as Ben's Glade (where I clipped the tree). All of those trails have groomed runs right next to them that your wife could take and meet you at the bottom of.

Grassi21

If you want some fun (meaning bumps) off the double, make sure to ski all of the Quacky's (1, 2, &3) and also hit Periwinkle Bowl (my favorite trail of the day) as well as Ben's Glade (where I clipped the tree). All of those trails have groomed runs right next to them that your wife could take and meet you at the bottom of.

Thanks Evils. Now she has no choice but to ski MRG with me. I think I would get bored if I skied Sugarbush 2 days in a row..... kidding of course.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
What trail did you ski off of the single? I want to ski MRG in March with the wife. The wife doesn't like the sound of MRG. I just want to ski one run of the single (to say we rode it in its 1st season) and then tool around in the Bird Land area for the rest of the day.
As I've said before, she won't have any problems at MRG. I went there during my first season and I had no problems. Neither will she. We're planning on going to the SB/MRG trip and while I'll only be skiing half days (daycare for 2 kids is too expensive for 2 full days), she's more than welcome to join me.

Grassi21

As I've said before, she won't have any problems at MRG. I went there during my first season and I had no problems. Neither will she. We're planning on going to the SB/MRG trip and while I'll only be skiing half days (daycare for 2 kids is too expensive for 2 full days), she's more than welcome to join me.

Cool. I'll let her know. I think she might take a lesson at SB as well. You know, so I can get after it with the boys a bit... ;-)

MRGisevil

Video is up; short and sweet. Tried to add a comedic element to it as you wont be very entertained by my skiing. Tim looks great, of course.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice video Marge, thanks for putting it up. I had forgotten that you said you had some. I thought it was funny. You looked pretty good, up until you fell... Both times... ;) What trail(s) were you skiing on in the video??

MRGisevil

Heh heh, thanks guys. The first trail was periwinkle bowl, I can't recall what the second one was...maybe quacky or beaver.

Beetlenut

Nice, I especially liked the wait for it part. Glad you guys got up there and got some good conditions while there was some!