• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season is over

Hawkshot99

2 weeks ago I had a bad crash in a skiercross race at Sundown. Hurt my knee pretty bad. Had a MRI this past Friday, and just got home from the doctor. He said my ACL is torn....:cry:

He is hoping to have surgery next Friday. I hope that my knee is recovered enough by September, as i was planning on entering the Police Academy.

So enjoy the snow that is about to hit us southerners.

Greg

Staff member
Damn! That sucks. I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially at my local hill. Get better and come back next season stronger than ever. Glad I had the chance to ski with you briefly this year...

wa-loaf

Bummer! :x Get it fixed and start planning for next season.

bvibert

Staff member
Wow, that really sucks! So sorry to hear it. Now we'll never get you back to Sundown...

Grassi21

"Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well."

- Elaine Benes

sledhaulingmedic

That's a drag. Here I am, whining beacuse I have no time to ski this season. I can officially shut up now. I have nothing to complain about.

Good luck with the surgery and work the PT as hard as you can. Come back strong.

2 weeks ago I had a bad crash in a skiercross race at Sundown. Hurt my knee pretty bad. Had a MRI this past Friday, and just got home from the doctor. He said my ACL is torn....:cry:

He is hoping to have surgery next Friday. I hope that my knee is recovered enough by September, as i was planning on entering the Police Academy.

So enjoy the snow that is about to hit us southerners.

Heal up..good luck becoming a cop..I'd become a cop just to have a few minutes in the evidence room :lol:

lerops

Really sorry for your accident. I have also torn my ACL a couple of weeks ago and awaiting my surgery in about a month. So, I know how you feel. Hopefully, we both will be skiing next season after full recovery.

ComeBackMudPuddles

getwellsoon.gif

Paul

Really sorry for your accident. I have also torn my ACL a couple of weeks ago and awaiting my surgery in about a month. So, I know how you feel. Hopefully, we both will be skiing next season after full recovery.

Damn... I was just going to say that's the second one in about as many weeks. Really sorry to hear that, man.
Sounds like your surgery timetable is pretty aggressive. That's good. I had to wait 5 weeks as I had broken both bones in my lower leg as well, and needed the swelling to go down. If its any consolation, My surgery was on March 20th, and I was back on the hill December 15th. You shouldn't have too much trouble with the Academy. Worst case you may have to wait until the next go-round, but you're a young guy. Keep-up with the PT, and hit the gym ASAP.
If you have any questions about the surgery, types of grafts etc.. recovery whatever... Feel free to PM me if you want. It sucks but it sure as hell ain't the end-of-the-world.

Greg

Staff member
It sucks but it sure as hell ain't the end-of-the-world.

Nice words. And really great coming from you. It seems like it wasn't that long ago you had your accident (I guess it wasn't - about one year ago, huh?)

Hawkshot99

Sounds like your surgery timetable is pretty aggressive. That's good. I had to wait 5 weeks as I had broken both bones in my lower leg as well, and needed the swelling to go down.

Well my family supports this doctor very well. We have bought him some nice cars over the years.:uzi: My dad had his tenth surgery with him last week, my sister has had several with him as well, so we get pushed to the front of his lines.

I need to go to therapy before the surgery to get the fluid to drain out of the knee, and get rid of a bit of swelling.

Paul

Nice words. And really great coming from you. It seems like it wasn't that long ago you had your accident (I guess it wasn't - about one year ago, huh?)

Thanks!

Yep, one year ago yesterday, as a matter of fact. Funny thing was, I didn't think about it at all until I got to the gym and was doing Quad extensions. Everything felt fine, but there's always that little reminder to put the weight about 15-20lbs lower on the right side. :lol: