• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing Weather Man Forcast

Greg

Staff member
Ummm....that's five days old. Now be honest. You only posted that because Whiteface topped the snow total list. Come on...fess up!

lerops

his forecast before this one (Monday, 2/4) was really gloomy. he was predicting something close to the january thaw.

to be fair, he was spot on since I started following him some time this season up to that one.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com

It does sound good:

The first week in March will likely bring a relaxation in the cold regime, but it will be temporary, as the atmosphere will merely be getting ready for another cold shot in the East. We are now entering a pattern where cold spells will last longer than warm spells, with the reverse having been the case since late December. March will belong to winter in the eastern U.S., and that includes, as I mentioned above, the mid Atlantic. The La Nina has started to weaken, and typically, that spells snow and cold in March (and often into April). That’s where this weather pattern is headed, and I would be very surprised if at least one, and more likely 2 or 3 major coastal storms don’t impact the region in the next 6 weeks or so. The best skiing and riding of this season are on their way to many spots in the East; with a resumption of packed powder and powder to those resorts that have been lucky enough to enjoy the snow this season...get ready.

hammer

Looks like Herb Stevens is getting more optimistic...just hope next week's brief warmup is limited:

http://www.snocountry.com/article.php/2008022819564193

I like this quote:

"In my opinion, there will be at least one whopper along the coast during March…there is simply too much thermal energy that is going to be available for it to be a quiet month, and should all the factors fall into place, we could see a memorable storm."

Last edited:

danny p

Looks like Herb Stevens is getting more optimistic...just hope next week's brief warmup is lmited:

http://www.snocountry.com/article.php/2008022819564193

I like this quote:

"In my opinion, there will be at least one whopper along the coast during March…there is simply too much thermal energy that is going to be available for it to be a quiet month, and should all the factors fall into place, we could see a memorable storm."

thanks for posting that, i'm so stoked!!!